SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#94613 - 01/13/05 08:46 AM Re: Roland, Korg, Yamaha, SOUNDS?
o3bor Offline

Mmmh..., I think I should have choosen a different (brighter) guitar tone on G-70 and increase a little bit its level in order to better simulate the Tyros one, but I particularly like the Steel Gtr tone that I choose, that's why...

#94614 - 01/13/05 11:56 AM Re: Roland, Korg, Yamaha, SOUNDS?
Wazza Offline

Loc: Sonnega, Friesland, The Nether...
Speaking of midi files,
I was just messing around with a program named synthfont (freeware)today , and I think together with some freeware soundfonts (I used TitanicSF) it sounds pretty good, add some effects and you can get pretty good results.

I recorded a demo (midifile) so you can hear it for yourself:
http://members.home.nl/schoeber/dontknowmuch.mp3

Greetz ,
Marcel

[This message has been edited by Wazza (edited 01-13-2005).]

#94615 - 01/13/05 02:37 PM Re: Roland, Korg, Yamaha, SOUNDS?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Interesting indeed!!

Here is another teaser from the Tyros called "Nite Funk". There are many other type instrument voices on this one like a Clavi, some synth sounds, a Growl Sax, and the Tyros' Live! Grand Piano. And a Nice Sweet! Pan Flute also. Oh, and a cool Slap Bass! Plus others.

Enjoy! May the best Board win!!

Nite Funk

PS: People with other Brand Boards like the Pa1X/PRO, GEM Genesys PRO, Ketron SD1 or other are welcome to add something if they like to also.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 01-13-2005).]

#94616 - 01/13/05 02:55 PM Re: Roland, Korg, Yamaha, SOUNDS?
SYNTH_GUY Offline

Loc: CT/NY, USA
Lets compare with the Korg Pa1x or Pa80 as well.

#94617 - 01/13/05 08:44 PM Re: Roland, Korg, Yamaha, SOUNDS?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Marcel,
that came up incredibly well.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wazza:
[B

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#94618 - 01/14/05 04:23 AM Re: Roland, Korg, Yamaha, SOUNDS?
Wazza Offline

Loc: Sonnega, Friesland, The Nether...
Quote:
Hi Marcel,
that came up incredibly well.

best wishes
Rikki

Thanks Rikki, I think some of today's freeware soundfonts sound pretty good, but the soundfont I used for this demo (TitanicSF) uses samples from Motif ES, Fantom X, Tyros etc., I think thats also a reason why it sounds very good, although I don't know if its legal .

Greetz ,
Marcel

PS: Just for clarification, I didn't record the midi itself, I found it somewhere on the net.

[This message has been edited by Wazza (edited 01-14-2005).]

#94619 - 01/14/05 09:51 AM Re: Roland, Korg, Yamaha, SOUNDS?
keybplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Wazza:
Speaking of midi files,
I was just messing around with a program named synthfont (freeware)today , and I think together with some freeware soundfonts (I used TitanicSF) it sounds pretty good, add some effects and you can get pretty good results.

Greetz ,
Marcel

Nice Marcel..

Soft Synths may be the wave of the future and with the likes of the Open Labs "neKo" Workstation you have the best of both worlds where it's an actual Keyboard but with the ability to import VST plugins under a Windows XP environment (OS) to play sounds using soft synth instruments.

The Piano sounded a little weak in your demo but most of the other instruments were pretty good especially the distorted guitar sound.

Thanks for posting the Software side of things Marcel although the topic is regarding Hardware Synths/Keyboards so it is unfortunately like comparing Apples to Oranges instead of Apples to Apples. But your entry is appreciated nonetheless, although it cannot be 'counted' in the vote because of the discrepancies in your method, i.e. you did not use a hardware Arranger or other type hardware Keyboard such as a Roland Fantom X, etc. But I for one enjoyed listening to your midi file with your use of a soft synth and sound fonts.

Best regards,
Mike

PS: Still waiting to hear the Pa1X/PRO and other top contenders.

>> I wanted to mention that I too liked the G70 demo but I feel it didn't trump the Tyros. I did especially like the Strings in the G70 demo. They sounded very realistic and full. But I might note that the Strings I used in my demo were the XG Ensemble Strings1 and not the Panel Strings or Panel Live! Strings. Even though that was the case, the XG Ensemble Strings on the Tyros sounded very good too I thought... My opinion of course.

#94620 - 01/14/05 11:09 AM Re: Roland, Korg, Yamaha, SOUNDS?
keybplayer Offline

Speaking of distorted guitars, - here is a midi song I recorded using my Tyros where I optimized (arranged) the Voices to suit my taste and would like to share on this thread where the topic is regarding midi playback capabilities and or superiority of "Voices" using a hardware Arranger/Keyboard.

Excuse my over zealous enthusiasm but I wanted to give everyone a more precise and therefore an 'overall' picture of the Tyros' midi playback ability and how it compares to other Boards, so I incorporated in the songs I chose a wide variety of onboard instruments so people can get an overall picture of the Tyros' ability. Thus enabling them to determine more precisely and ultimately beyond a doubt the "who's who" of midi file playback i.e. 'who' is the king and undisputed winner - if there is such a thing.

PS: As we all know, all of todays High End (and sometimes not so high end) Keyboards are very good at what they do although comparing them is kind of fun and it gives the listeners more fodder to fuel their opinions and decisions when it comes to choosing a Keyboard or just in 'ranking' different Brands of keyboards and their sound capabilities. Especially when someone implies that a certain Brand is superior when in all actuality the implication may not be necessarily true.

>> Sounds are always in my opinion the number one priority when choosing a keyboard. Features are always nice but sounds always trump features. At least to me they do. I think many others would agree.

PS: This song is for demonstration purposes only and I in no way condone or otherwise endorse the lyrics attributed to this song. This song is simply to demonstrate the Tyros' distorted and electric Guitar sounds.

Another PS: This is the last song I will post demonstrating the Tyros' midi playback capabilities. I promise..

If others would like to, they can post up to 3 songs (total) using their Boards also. So as to be fair.

Enjoy! And thanks for your patience!

Hard Rock On Tyros

#94621 - 01/14/05 02:30 PM Re: Roland, Korg, Yamaha, SOUNDS?
Exound Offline

Loc: Hoorn, Netherlands
Well here is my version of Nite Funk, played by PA1X Pro
Hope you like it.

NiteFunk

Jan

#94622 - 01/15/05 02:03 AM Re: Roland, Korg, Yamaha, SOUNDS?
Exound Offline

Loc: Hoorn, Netherlands
Keybplayer can you please send me this Hard Rock midi file,I like it very much?
I will 're-voice' it so that we can compare it with the PA1xPro.

Jan

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online