SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#94446 - 11/18/01 11:18 PM PSR2000: Synchro Start/Stop Settings: Can they be SAVED in Registr.Memory or?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
The Technics KN5000 & Roland G-800 arranger boards allow you to SAVE the 'synchro start on/off setting' as part of the performance memory' settings (Technics calls it a panel memory).

On my PSR2000, I'm sometimes finding it difficult to always remember to check to be sure that the SYNCRO-START button is set to'on' or 'off' before performing a song, so I'm wondering if it's at all possible to save the 'synchro start' on/off setting as a part of the 'Registration Memory' or within the style itself. I was not able to find a where to set this, or if it's even possible on the PSR2000, but perhaps someone else here knows the answer?

- Scott http://scottyee.com

#94447 - 11/19/01 12:04 PM Re: PSR2000: Synchro Start/Stop Settings: Can they be SAVED in Registr.Memory or?
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Scott,
I know this problem has been discussed before, whether you can do this. So far the answer has been NO...
Not even on the new upgrade for the Pro, that just came out.
I would be surprised if the Psr-2000 can do this. Sorry.
Hope this doesn't keep you from enjoying your new board.

Eric

#94448 - 11/19/01 04:27 PM Re: PSR2000: Synchro Start/Stop Settings: Can they be SAVED in Registr.Memory or?
Scottyee Offline

Hi Eric: I now know WHY you have been a long time Yamaha PSR devotee! Still really ENJOYING the PSR2000 a LOT! - Scott

#94449 - 11/20/01 05:19 AM Re: PSR2000: Synchro Start/Stop Settings: Can they be SAVED in Registr.Memory or?
flowerssupply Offline

Loc: Ireland
Idont know re 2000 but I do it on solton x1 --- I assume you are aware of that but I'm saying it just in case. I save it as single reg I cant remember if it is the same for block registrations as I have gear in van and also I only use single regs. Pierce

#94450 - 11/20/01 07:18 AM Re: PSR2000: Synchro Start/Stop Settings: Can they be SAVED in Registr.Memory or?
Eric, B Offline

Hi Scott,
glad you do. BTW how do your converted KN-5000 styles sound on the 2000? Have you downloaded the styles from the Pro/CVP yet and tried them out?

Eric

[This message has been edited by Eric, B (edited 11-20-2001).]

#94451 - 11/20/01 10:01 AM Re: PSR2000: Synchro Start/Stop Settings: Can they be SAVED in Registr.Memory or?
Scottyee Offline

Hi Eric, The only KN5000 styles I've loaded into the PSR2000 so far, are some of the jazz styles which I've grown so accustomed to (and like) on the KN5000. They all sound surprisingly good (and very usable) on the PSR2000 (abeit some a tiny bit of tweaking (instrument revoicings & possible track muting). I have yet to try out the Pro/CVP styles. So MANY styles, so LITTLE time

- Scott

#94452 - 11/20/01 01:49 PM Re: PSR2000: Synchro Start/Stop Settings: Can they be SAVED in Registr.Memory or?
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
Scottee, My problem with the 2000 is every time when you boot up unless you use preset
regestration memory. You have to:
1: select a style.
2: "" " Voice
3: ajust all your volume's so they bal.
4: Turn on the auto. Acc.
5: Turn off the Vocal harmony (comes on when
you boot up!)
6: push Intro.
7: push Sync. start.
8: One more thing! If you program your foot
sw to anything other than sustain you
have to do it every time you boot up!
I hardly use it but it's the same with voice
harmony. I set the Grand piano on country
duet, you turn it off & back it goes back
to Standard trio. Even my old 510 would
remember what you put into it.
Everything you do on this board you
have to put into memory.

I've got 80 song setups on a floppy.
This works real well.
But still involves pushing several buttons but it's the fastest way I've found so far. This way you must keep a list of your songs & location like say B1-4 or B6-1 ect.
I do have a question. You can store
80 setups in the user Reg. Mem.
10 BANKS of 8 setups which I transfered to a floppy. When I try to save bank 11 it puts it in front of bank-1 & does away with
Bank-10! What can I do to continue to load this floppy? I was hopeing to load 150 or so
songs on one floppy disk.
Hey don't get me wrong I love this board but if I had any hair I wouldn't by now. Guess I'm just to thick headed.
To much for me to learn ,maybe this time next year!
All help needed very much!
All the best,
Nobby

------------------

[This message has been edited by Nobby (edited 11-20-2001).]

#94453 - 11/20/01 04:33 PM Re: PSR2000: Synchro Start/Stop Settings: Can they be SAVED in Registr.Memory or?
Scottyee Offline

Hi Nobby: I think you have hit upon the reason you are having problems & frustrations with your PSR2000 in your FIRST sentence. The word is: REGISTRATION MEMORY!

The 'registration bank' file is the essential component used to keep everything (all other files) together. It's like the foundation & frame of your house. It holds up and links together all the other parts (style, sounds, multipads).

Here's how I set things up on my PSR2000 keyboard. I initially created file folder directories & sub directories in the 'Registration Bank' USER area. On the top hierarachal level I created folders by music genre: Big Band & Jazz, Classic Pop, Pop-Rock-Soul, Country, Latin, World, Show, Holiday. I then created sub folders within each of these folders with titles like (in the Latin folder): Jobim, Spanish, Cuban, Salsa, etc. Creating a file organization system from the beginning will pay off later as the number of custom Registrations quickly grows. I always create (and store) a Registration Memory for just about every song I play. This way I can then easily go back to customize it further as needed. It is EASY to do and just takes a second to store the setup in (at least) one of the 8 panel button memories. Once you do this, you can easily recall that setup anytime you want by just pressing the Registration Bank button 'J' on the MAIN page as soon as you first fire the keyboard up. This will instantly take you to the Registration USER Bank page where you can quickly select the Registsration Memory Song of your choice. VERY cool I think. You could also save a 'default' Registration Memory in the first USER 'Registration Bank' slot if you choose. This way you can save 8 of your favorite styles/settings in Registration Memory 1-8. As you can see, there is a lot of flexibility for customizing your PSR keyboard to YOUR indiviual needs and tastes. Also, don't worry about Registration Banks using up too much file space. You can store up to 800 files and folders in the PSR2000's USER memory. I already have over 20 customized Registration Memory songs stored and I've only had my keyboard for less than two weeks now. Of course you can easily backup the contents of USER Memory to a floppy if run out of space, But I really doubt that you will be creating 800 song files to quickly. - Scott

#94454 - 11/21/01 10:44 AM Re: PSR2000: Synchro Start/Stop Settings: Can they be SAVED in Registr.Memory or?
Eric, B Offline

Hi Scott
my wife and I are heading up north for the new year ( Monterey/Carmel). We were wondering if you perform around this time. We might swing up and see your act with your new Yammi.
Let me know.
Happy Thanksgiving
Eric

#94455 - 11/21/01 11:34 AM Re: PSR2000: Synchro Start/Stop Settings: Can they be SAVED in Registr.Memory or?
Scottyee Offline

Hi Eric,
I no longer do club gigs (bars/restaurants), but instead, perform for private events (corporate parties, weddings, retirement communities, special events, etc). I don't know if I'll be performing when you're up here (January is typically a dead month for gigging musicians), but email me privately and hopefully we can still meet (either in Monterey or up here in SF). It would be a blast to exchange keyboard playing tips with an experienced PSR player like youurself, and of course, play LOT's of music too. It would be great to finally meet both you and your wife and little 'Sunny' too. (woof woof) Happy Turkey Day!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online