SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#94348 - 12/18/03 02:27 PM OT-mild heart attack
KN_Fan Offline

Sorry to be off topic guys,

I remember reading some of our friends here had their bypass or something before. Well, one thing happened earlier this month/week. My dad had a hard attack during one of his music performances (like a quartet he performs with his friends from church for church gatherings), at least that's how I gathered from my mom. I think he's doing better and recovering as I'm typing this. He had his b-day party with about 100 friends and family attending. Shows how succesful he is in life by how many people coming. Having friends like that is like beyond how much money you can make sometime. Sorry, just in the 'moment' don't mean to be preachy.

When I read that email- my heart stopped and my life flashes before my eyes. He and I have always been close and talks heart to heart quite a lot. I owe pretty much everything good about me so even though I don't usually say "love" to him that much, I sent him a couple birthday cards (it's his birthday also a couple days ago), a small gift and a get well card. I'm a bit under certain limitations from visiting him (I live in the U.S, he lives in our homecountry), but I miss him too.

I guess just a reminder to all of us, to stay healthy, eat well, try to enjoy life and be close to your family and tell them you love them, not just in holiday times like this, but as much as you can.

Peace and happy holidays.

KN.

#94349 - 12/18/03 03:26 PM Re: OT-mild heart attack
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by KN_Fan:
I guess just a reminder to all of us, to stay healthy, eat well, try to enjoy life and be close to your family and tell them you love them, not just in holiday times

Amen to that. Hopefully this was a minor occurance, it sounds that was, but it could be a warning for your dad to at least adjust his life style. Best regards, KN.

Glenn

#94350 - 12/18/03 03:31 PM Re: OT-mild heart attack
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Jonas. I'm really sorry to hear about your Dad's recent heart attack. My best wishes go out to him for a quick & full recovery. I realize (from what you've told me) that your Dad frequently reads our Synthzone arranger forum postings, and has even come to know many of us, even though he never officially became a member. Sending my best wishes to both you and your Dad. - Scott

#94351 - 12/18/03 07:15 PM Re: OT-mild heart attack
trtjazz Offline

Kn,
A speedy and full revovery to your Dad.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#94352 - 12/18/03 10:40 PM Re: OT-mild heart attack
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Your dad and you are both in my thoughts tonight. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

AJ

#94353 - 12/19/03 12:41 AM Re: OT-mild heart attack
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Jonas,
I second what has been said and written before; I will try to cheer you up saying that heart attacks are worse in younger people, because the heart is not yeat ready to cope with them. With the years, our heart develops systems to overcome problems with blood flow. This goes to say that -strange as it may seem- even in the case of an infarction the prognosis is better in older people, compared with -say- men in their forties.
Hope that both you and your father will have a Christmas "as usual", which seems to me the best thing to wish you right now.

#94354 - 12/19/03 04:18 AM Re: OT-mild heart attack
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I know what it's like to have a scare like that. My Dad had a bout with colon cancer 2 years ago. In fact he was in the hospital on 9/11/01. What an emotional ride that was.
We're all thinking of your Dad aed he will remain in our prayers.

#94355 - 12/19/03 07:16 AM Re: OT-mild heart attack
Wazza Offline

Loc: Sonnega, Friesland, The Nether...
I'm sorry to hear that, I wish the best to both you and your dad, You're both in our prayers.
Good luck,

Greetz ,
Marcel

#94356 - 12/19/03 08:07 AM Re: OT-mild heart attack
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI KN,
It is a really a frightening thing to have a heart attack, and perhaps even more so for concerned family members. I recently went through this same situation when my wife had a heart attack a little over a year ago as we returned from a 2 week cruise. The surgeon put in a stent, and she has done well since. It does require a lot of life style changes and ongoing medication. she takes 4 prescriptions every day for the rest of her life and has Glycerin at the standby for emergencies.
The positive side is that she is fully recovered and has the faith that she can carry on a normal life. Therefore we took another 2 week cruise and just returned. This time all she got was the flu from me as I got it the first day home. We are now recovered from that and trying to catch up with the Holiday Season.
When something serious like this happens to a loved one, we suddenly realize our shortcomings in our relationships. This is a wake up call to renew and rebond those relationships. It may be the only opportunity we have.
We pray for your fathers full recovery and wish you and yours a great Holiday season.
Bebop

#94357 - 12/19/03 09:02 AM Re: OT-mild heart attack
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
Hi: KN
Sorry to hear about your Dad.
My thought's & prayer's are with You & Your Dad.
Wishing your Dad a speedy recovery, & both of you
Happy Holidays.
Denny

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online