SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#93543 - 08/21/02 03:05 PM Re: REQUESTING HELP ON PSR 9000
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
Let me pose this question???
Has anyone been able to change the default instrument selection that Yamaha chose for the 9000 when it starts up? Consider this... If you can't change the start up instruments, would it not stand to reason that you can't change the start up pedal configuration as well...??? I'm afraid the start up default is the start up default. You must program a registration bank for any custom settings.

Dennis

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#93544 - 08/21/02 03:22 PM Re: REQUESTING HELP ON PSR 9000
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
It appears the PSR9000 (and 9000pro) work the same way as the PSR2000 in this dept. Must be just a Yamaha PSR thang. I admit it's a pain in the rear to have to always remember to load a custom registration bank EVERYTIME I boot up, though I admit it's now become second nature.

It really would be nicer to have the KB remember a selected default setting and have it come up automatically when the KB is turned on. I hope Yamaha addressed this on the new Tyros . . . Anyone here know ? !

- Scott

#93545 - 08/21/02 04:42 PM Re: REQUESTING HELP ON PSR 9000
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
I believe that Yamaha could easily make this into an OS upgrade. Being able to configure start up parameters would be a very simple procedure. When I first aquired my 9000 I asked a Yamaha Rep. about saving my favorite instruments so they would be ready when I started it up. He said "Sorry" you have to use your registration banks.
I don't know how many more OS Upgrades we can expect before Yamaha calls it quits with the 9000 Series. I sure would like to see a few more features added into the OS before they stop however.

Dennis

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#93546 - 08/21/02 08:07 PM Re: REQUESTING HELP ON PSR 9000
rgtaa Offline

ok
I saved it in Registration 1

After that ... i can use any styles , ect... and it footswitchs stay the same.

Is there a way to make this locked for the other registrations too?
Thanks for the info

#93547 - 08/21/02 10:19 PM Re: REQUESTING HELP ON PSR 9000
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Funny, the PSR8000 remembers the settings. But then again, it has C cell batteries for backup.
I would swear that my 9000 remembered them too, but maybe I did call up a basic registration every time. It can be confusing because there are four places for determining what is set up on the PSR9000--the Parameter Lock, the Freeze Paramater Lock, the "A" Save Setup button, and the Registrations. This allows for extreme flexibility at the expense of 1-touch setup I suppose.
DonM

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online