SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#93533 - 08/20/02 03:00 PM REQUESTING HELP ON PSR 9000
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI FRIENDS,
My new PSR9000 and I are getting along pretty good except for one thing that has me baffled. I guess I have been playing Technics too many years (4 Keyboards), and got spoilt.
Please help me to over come this last serious program. I have read most of the manual and no solution as of yet.
I set up the keyboard for right pedal to glide, left pedal to OTS+. I then set aftertouch to soft and then I back out of the program but it doesn't save. I have tried hitting the freeze button, and also the memory button but then get a direction to select an ots or panel button. I have even done that but the next time I boot the keyboard, everything is back to the original default with none of the above selections working. HOW DO I SAVE THESE SELECTIONS AS A DEFAULT??
Thanks in advance for your help now and to my prior posts.
Best to you all from
Bebop, moderator of the Technics Forum

#93534 - 08/20/02 04:03 PM Re: REQUESTING HELP ON PSR 9000
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Bebop. I stand to be corrected here, but the only way from my experience to save your foot pedal settings is to save into a Registration. I am not at my 9000Pro as I write, but I will check tomorrow as there are a number of options to set the freeze settings to.
In the meantime another reader may give you the answer.

Graham UK

#93535 - 08/20/02 07:15 PM Re: REQUESTING HELP ON PSR 9000
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Bebop,
There is a "save setup" button near the top of the screen. I don't have a 9K anymore so I don't remember where exactly. Try that. The other thing would be to check the freeze parameters under Utility. Sorry I can't be more specific, but I'm sure someone will help.
Don

#93536 - 08/20/02 08:24 PM Re: REQUESTING HELP ON PSR 9000
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Hello Bebop.

You must make all setings and after:
Press the A bottom.(Left side of the screen)
to save.
Regards,Chico

#93537 - 08/21/02 09:53 AM Re: REQUESTING HELP ON PSR 9000
rgtaa Offline

chico
It doesn't seem to work for the footswitchs ... did you try it yourself.
For other things the A button works ... and I was gonna suggest it myself...but I plugged footswitch and changed it to ots+ ...exited the pages and pushed the A button and it says : saving setting ... but when I turn it back on ... it doesn't save the footswitch settings.
What else could it be?
I'm thinking some paramater is set on lock ...but don't know where?

#93538 - 08/21/02 09:55 AM Re: REQUESTING HELP ON PSR 9000
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
Hi BEBOP,
I'm sure you have tried all the above advise.
I was thinking that the only way to save your pedal assignments is to save them into a registration memory as Graham stated. I wanted to be sure of what I was going to suggest before I replied to your question. I fired up the 9000 and made specific pedal assignments and tried the panel settings save as others here have mentioned, then I shut the power off and restarted it. As I suspected the configuration of the pedals reverted back to the factory default of Sustain and Fast/Slow effect. Unless I'm doing it wrong...(don't think so) You must save in the registration banks.

Dennis

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#93539 - 08/21/02 10:08 AM Re: REQUESTING HELP ON PSR 9000
rgtaa Offline

Dennis
I'm thinking that there should be another way ... since it would be a pain to only use the Registrations to use the footswitchs... That's why I was thinking some paraitor is locked ... or it's in midi or some other place ...
Unless you can load it pushing a Registration button ...but get out if it and push the regular styles and the footswitch settings ...stay.

#93540 - 08/21/02 01:51 PM Re: REQUESTING HELP ON PSR 9000
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Thanks for the advice folks,
I have tried them all and nothing works for me. I sent a request for help to Yamaha last night so maybe I will get a reply from them soon. I will let you know what I learn about it. All my other keyboards(10) can be selected and save as default for setup. Why would this one be different? Of course I have never had a Yamaha anything before so I have to learn the hard way
Thanks,
Bebop

#93541 - 08/21/02 01:58 PM Re: REQUESTING HELP ON PSR 9000
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Bebop, I'm sure it can be done, because I never had to reset mine once they were set.
Have you checked the Parameter Lock menu?
Don

#93542 - 08/21/02 02:43 PM Re: REQUESTING HELP ON PSR 9000
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
HI: Bebop
I just tried the 9000 PRO & the only way to save footswitch
settings is in the registration's.
But it does save the settings there.
Denny

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online