SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#93254 - 03/24/06 09:04 PM Style: creation: converting:editing etc
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi everyone,
wondering if anyone has come across a group or forum that dabbles in style creation, conversions using EMC etc
I know there's groups like yahoo psr style group where you can download styles, but I'm more interested in discussing ideas on creating, editing etc rather than just collecting a heap of styles.
I think there's possibly quite a number of us don't tap into the full potential of our keyboards as far as stylemaking goes, most cases probably because don't have the time or the interest, but in some cases , maybe because we don't know where to start.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#93255 - 03/24/06 09:55 PM Re: Style: creation: converting:editing etc
Jørgen Sørensen Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi Rikki

Recently I wrote a 12 (small) part Style Creation Course at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/articles/style_1.htm
Maybe this can give you some fresh ideas.

Regards
Jørgen

------------------
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site

#93256 - 03/25/06 02:23 PM Re: Style: creation: converting:editing etc
rikkisbears Offline

Thank you Jorgen,
I'll check it out.

best wishes
Rikki

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 03-25-2006).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#93257 - 03/25/06 04:45 PM Re: Style: creation: converting:editing etc
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Wow! What a wonderful resource, Jorgen, super work. Does anyone know of a similar site dealing with Korg?

#93258 - 03/25/06 06:35 PM Re: Style: creation: converting:editing etc
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Jorgen,
wonderful course, very usefull info, but not quite what I had in mind.

Subject cropped up in the Ketron group the other day about style conversions ie lack of detail in emc manual. The odd bug here in there in the program, that makes some styles unuseable. I've only gotten interested in the program again recently after buying my ketron sd1.
Before that I was very happy using OMB software ( still am , as a software arranger), xgworks, some of your software & some of Michael Bedderson's . Let's face it , nothing is as well supported as the Yammies.

Anyway, emc's about the only software that will give me some of the functions i had available with the psr's, but the instructions ( or lack of) make it a bit hit & miss to use. Same goes for their latest software Stylefactory. Instructions exist, but lacks detail.

Also makes me wonder how many people think to use some of the editing/creation features in their keyboards. The mix n matching of keyboard phrases to create new styles. My
sd1, kn7000 * 9000pro had this function.

Basically why I was wondering if anyone had come across a style group that was more on discussing "how to" rather than just for downloading styles.
best wishes
Rikki
p.s. you've come up with some very interesting programs lately.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jørgen Sørensen:
[B]Hi Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#93259 - 03/26/06 05:25 AM Re: Style: creation: converting:editing etc
to the genesys Offline

I wonder if there are any software programs that allow you to create or edit styles for your keyboard?

The same way you can create or edit sounds on your computer and then load them on to your keyboard. Does EMC style works do that?

#93260 - 03/26/06 05:36 AM Re: Style: creation: converting:editing etc
Jørgen Sørensen Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi

Lots of Yamaha Style software here: http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software.htm

Regards
Jørgen

#93261 - 03/26/06 06:06 AM Re: Style: creation: converting:editing etc
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hi Rikki
If you're uisng the latest version of EMC then conversion is a synch from one Make/model to another. Converting midi files needs a bit more patience, and listening to the bits you are proposing to convert...
Rog

#93262 - 03/26/06 01:45 PM Re: Style: creation: converting:editing etc
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Roger,
I have got the latest EMC, had to get it for my new ketron which doesn't have some of the style editing functions I used to use in the kn7000. Used to be so handy just fixing up the odd note here or there in the kn7 composer section. EMC does odd things here & there when converting to Ketron format.

Had a brief look at the midifile to style section of EMC the other day, but it's going to need a bit of figuring out.. Either I didn't get instructions with my download, or I've misplaced them, not sure which.

Are you still busy converting for your KN7?

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by RMepstead:
Hi Rikki
If you're uisng the latest version of EMC then conversion is a synch from one Make/model to another. Converting midi files needs a bit more patience, and listening to the bits you are proposing to convert...
Rog

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#93263 - 03/26/06 02:03 PM Re: Style: creation: converting:editing etc
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Genesys,
EMC does do that. I think there is a demo you can try.

Be great if all keyboards had the same support with programs that Yammies get from 3rd parties & members.

Not sure what style functions your keyboard has, but on my SD1+ I can record a style across via midi using a p.c sequencer ie I can record a full style part of 8 tracks in one go. Means I can edit the style to my liking in the pc using an event list editor, then I don't need to do a great deal of editing in the keyboard itself , just adjust volumes etc.

I also use OMB & or XGworks software for psr conversions. I create a midifile from a psr style & record it across to the ketron. EMC was removing controller 11 from psr styles, which mucked up some of my intro's & endings where fade in's & outs existed.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
I wonder if there are any software programs that allow you to create or edit styles for your keyboard?

The same way you can create or edit sounds on your computer and then load them on to your keyboard. Does EMC style works do that?

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online