SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#93180 - 10/26/05 05:00 PM Re: I NEED SOME ADVICES ABOUT A MOTIF
claudiu Offline

Loc: Sterling Heights, Michigan USA
yeah..i'll have a singer - right now i'm very upset on roland ) i can't find the tones...i found the map - i choose different maps and nothing changes. i'm thinking of selling it or returning it.

#93181 - 10/26/05 05:26 PM Re: I NEED SOME ADVICES ABOUT A MOTIF
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Claudiu,
apart from yourself & your friend, who is in your band ie drummer, bass player??

Do you actually require an arranger keyboard??

The VA7/76 are not that easy . There are a lot of sub menu's that you have to navigate. I found my VA7 difficult at first, you really have to read the manual. You don't need to read every page for starters. It's broken up in to sections, so if you're trying to choose sounds, read the section on choosing sounds.

I didn't have mine for very long. I bought it from a friend to help him out, just before buying my kn7000. I spent all my time on the kn7, so I more or less left the VA sitting in the corner. In the end I sold it.
I'm not suggesting you sell it.

If you do sell it and you need an arranger keyboard, there may be ones that are easier to use like the Yamaha series.

best wishes
Rikki

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 10-26-2005).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#93182 - 10/26/05 06:08 PM Re: I NEED SOME ADVICES ABOUT A MOTIF
claudiu Offline

I'm not gonna have a drummer - It's just going to be me, my friend and a singer and maybe a bass - i could do the bass on the VA - but now i'm dying to find the many extra sounds - i with i could've had a bottle of water to pour it on the va - i'm mad - really mad - please help me out. Best wishes, claudiu ( maybe i'll die )

#93183 - 10/26/05 08:50 PM Re: I NEED SOME ADVICES ABOUT A MOTIF
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hubby has no interest in music what so ever. He doesn't even listen to music on the radio.

When it come to music on the radio in Australia I actually played on the first arrangement of "Downhearted" by Australian Crawl in a garage in Chelsea just outside of Melbourne. We laid it down on a cassette player which was eventually given to David Briggs from Little River Band who was producing Australian Crawl's first album and decided they should use "Downhearted" themselves. Of course not being a song writer on the song ( just an arranger/musician )I didn't make anything when it went into the Top Ten in Australia. I guess some stations there still play that song from time to time.

#93184 - 10/26/05 09:07 PM Re: I NEED SOME ADVICES ABOUT A MOTIF
Nigel Offline
Admin

And after "Downhearted" took off the singer/songwriter Guy McDonough from our band The Flatheads was whisked away from us to join Australian Crawl. He then also wrote and sang the lead vocal for the song "Errol" which was a rework of one of our old Flatheads songs. But I must say it was a good rework. Guy was a great singer/songwriter but died much too early.

Here is Too Many People which is a relatively unknown song that I played bass and keyboards on with Guy. When we recorded the final version after Guy died we were missing the first verse with him singing ( we were just using some demo tapes of his vocal that we were playing to ) so Colin Haye from Men At Work kindly volunteered to sing the first verse for us. So this song has Colin Haye singing the opening verse and then singing harmony in the choruses followed by Guy McDonough from Australian Crawl singing the remaining verses. It really is a relatively unknown but significant Australian rock recording. Plus I actually played on it and am the registered co-writer on it

Thanks Guy, I'll always remember you.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 10-26-2005).]

#93185 - 10/27/05 07:11 AM Re: I NEED SOME ADVICES ABOUT A MOTIF
claudiu Offline

Please tell me how to select the "screaming" sound on the roland va-76 - i'm presing on the 4 maps available over and over and nothing changes - everything sounds the same even if i press map1 - map2 - map3 - and map 4 - nothing changes..do i have to press anything else after i press the tone map ? how do i select the screaming or laughing or car engine sounds ?? it's not on the "group" buttons ( 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8) it's not there...where are they ?! I am really hurt. Please help me...I might return my va-76 = I even read the book - on the " selecting different tone maps" at page 41 - and I DON'T GET IT - I CAN'T FIND THE SOUNDS. If i won't find the sounds in like ..42 hours i'll return it....thanks...best wishes ! I am starting to hate this thing.
after i press the different maps - ( 1,2,3,4) just the sound changes - for example - if i'm using the normal piano - i press map 3 - it just sounds a little bit different - if i press map 2, sounds little bit different, if i press map 1, sounds a lil` bit different - BUT WHERE ARE THE LAUGHING - SCREAMING - DOG - BIRD - GUN -EURO HIT - IMPACT HIT -JUNO STRINGS - VOICE FEM/MASC - WATER BELL - ERUPTION - EXPLOSION and all that ???????????????????????????? ASSISTANCE PLEASE - i'm desperate - i'm gonna pay you and i'm gonna pray for you if you're answering me.

#93186 - 10/27/05 10:41 PM Re: I NEED SOME ADVICES ABOUT A MOTIF
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Nigel,
how great.
definately rememember all those great Aussie Bands. We're originally from Melbourne. Then we moved to NSW & eventually ended up in Turramurra .

Did you know any of the bands in Sydney.

Only time I ever met anyone famous , was when I was doing part time work in the local music store. Used to go home all starry eyed , with guess who I came across today. Unfortunately hubby didn't quite share my enthusiasm. Still it was a real buzz for me.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nigel:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#93187 - 10/27/05 11:22 PM Re: I NEED SOME ADVICES ABOUT A MOTIF
chony Offline

Loc: New York
IMO Motif is WAY to heavy to take on stage. For me the Motif is the studio board and the Ty is the stage board. Chony. (The motif es6 is 35lb and the ef7 44lb - without anything else).

#93188 - 10/28/05 12:43 AM Re: I NEED SOME ADVICES ABOUT A MOTIF
Nigel Offline
Admin

I drag around a classic Motif 6 to live shows I play with a band in my 94 Camaro Z28. It just fits nicely across the back of my Camaro and while it has some weight it doesn't way near as much as my powered Wharfdale PA cabinet. It isn't even as heavy as my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe guitar amp. I guess it is all relative.

#93189 - 10/28/05 07:10 AM Re: I NEED SOME ADVICES ABOUT A MOTIF
claudiu Offline

who cares about the weight of a keyboard ? It's not a big deal to own a heavy keyboard - who cares about the weight ?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online