SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#93052 - 10/05/07 12:19 AM Yamaha PRS900 Woes, are the problems confined to the USA??
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
just wondering if the hassles that some of the new PSRS900 owners are having is confined to USA oners , or are owners from other parts of the world having similar problems??

I've been toying with the idea of upgrading my psr1500 to a PSRS900, but don't really want the problems associated with faulty equipment.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#93053 - 10/05/07 02:53 AM Re: Yamaha PRS900 Woes, are the problems confined to the USA??
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
It does look a bit like it Rikki.. almost all of the users in the U.K. on the Yamaha Club forum seem to rave about the instrument and there don't seem to be anything like the same number of problems you seem to be having with quality "Over There".

#93054 - 10/05/07 03:03 AM Re: Yamaha PRS900 Woes, are the problems confined to the USA??
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
No problems have been reported in Canada.

Ian

#93055 - 10/05/07 06:01 AM Re: Yamaha PRS900 Woes, are the problems confined to the USA??
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
My advice to anyone wanting to buy an S900 would be to either wait and see what happens in the next couple of months or save your money and buy a Tyros.

It might very well be that the first batch had some issues.

But if that is not the case , then keep what you have.

Further reports about the S900 for bound to surface , be they good or bad.

So holding off on the S900 at this point might be the safe thing to do.

Gary

#93056 - 10/05/07 06:31 AM Re: Yamaha PRS900 Woes, are the problems confined to the USA??
ianmcnll Offline

Meanwhile, we Canadians will continue to buy S900s and enjoy them.

I have 34 new clients with S900 in Eastern Canada alone, that I do on-line clinics with...no issues, just complete satisfaction.

Ian

#93057 - 10/05/07 06:43 AM Re: Yamaha PRS900 Woes, are the problems confined to the USA??
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Ian,
If that's the case why doesn't Yamaha pull all the US ones and distribute the others. Meanwhile check out the questionable units one by one.
This can't be doing their reputation any good.
I've been waiting over a year for the s900 and now I'm thinking of going with another brand, I'm losing faith that Yamaha is willing or able to correct these problems.

The answer is simple stop selling that batch, that container that shipload whatever recall them.

#93058 - 10/05/07 06:58 AM Re: Yamaha PRS900 Woes, are the problems confined to the USA??
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeathome1:
Ian,
If that's the case why doesn't Yamaha pull all the US ones and distribute the others. Meanwhile check out the questionable units one by one.
This can't be doing their reputation any good.
I've been waiting over a year for the s900 and now I'm thinking of going with another brand, I'm losing faith that Yamaha is willing or able to correct these problems.

The answer is simple stop selling that batch, that container that shipload whatever recall them.

No doubt that Yamaha is trying to fix the issue, Mike, and it's probably complicated by the tracking down of which batch had defects.

From what I understand, not all USA dealers are having problems.

Perhaps our buddy, George Kaye, could shed some light on his experiences.

Products already in Canada will be sold here as the demand/sales for the S900 has already far outstripped supply and dealers are already experiencing shortage.

It's a shame that this situation arose, as the S900 is a remarkable instrument.

My advice...people in USA should buy from a dealer and have them un-box and check the instrument before shipping or pick up.

Ian

#93059 - 10/05/07 09:03 AM Re: Yamaha PRS900 Woes, are the problems confined to the USA??
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
Rikki,

I was about to buy an \S700 but I think I should wait awhile and make sure that model is not suffering from assembled too early syndrome!

#93060 - 10/05/07 09:07 AM Re: Yamaha PRS900 Woes, are the problems confined to the USA??
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by LindaFus:
Rikki,

I was about to buy an \S700 but I think I should wait awhile and make sure that model is not suffering from assembled too early syndrome!

Linda a very wise move

#93061 - 10/05/07 12:43 PM Re: Yamaha PRS900 Woes, are the problems confined to the USA??
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Wow...........I've sold dozens of PSR700's and 900's and I've only been aware of 1 major problem and this was probably due to the keyboard taking a large bang by Fed Ex in shipping to Don Mason. Don called me immediately and told me there was a hairline crack in the back of the keyboard. He was offered to return it for replacement or if he would like to keep it at a better price if he could live with the slight crack. After a few days Don decided to keep it because it seemed to be working fine. Now, this problem of the pitch changing started and Yamaha suspects that a circuit board might be cracked because of the blow it must have taken which cracked the outside casing. So, Don has been shipped a new one from me two days ago and he will return the bad one which I will return to Yamaha for replacement.
The only other minor problems has been one keyboard had a loose screw in one of the speaker housings which the customer took care of himself by removing the wooden bottom cover and finding the loose screw and the other was a loose connecting cable from the key bed to the main board which arrived that way to my customer, he returned it, I opened it up and found the connector cable partially out of it's socket, plugged it all the way back in and it's been sold and is just fine.
That's it from here. My cusotmers are loving their 900's.
I really don't think there is an issue with US shippments. I think it's just been a case of bad luck for a few.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online