SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#92881 - 06/07/03 03:09 PM MFC10 help question
Richard Peck Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ USA
Greetings from HOT Arizona.

I just picked up a nifty MFC10 from Scott Yee and am trying to learn how to work it with my Tyros. It seems fairly straight forward for the simple things I'm trying to do but I ran into trouble trying to get the expression pedal to recognize all the parts.
It changes the volume on Right part 1 but that's it. The other parts stay the same when I depress the pedal. I would like to reduce the volume on all the parts at once as happens with the separate expression pedal plugged directly into the board. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

RP

#92882 - 06/07/03 04:04 PM Re: MFC10 help question
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
hi Richard,

First all all, glad to hear that you received the MFC10 safely, and that you were able to get the basic arranger functions programmed easily.

Though I myself have never utilized the expression (volume) pedal function on either the Tyros or MFC10, I'd expect, that in order to get the MFC10 expression (volume) pedal to trigger ALL parts: Right1,Right2,Right3, as well as Left, that you need to assign the 'Expression Pedal' function's "Part" setting to: 'KEYBOARD'. This can be found in the "Foot Controller Setting" section of the Tyros' MFC10 Display Window.

Good luck and let us know if this solves the problem.

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 06-07-2003).]

#92883 - 06/07/03 05:01 PM Re: MFC10 help question
Richard Peck Offline

Hi Scott,

You are right on for the parts. By assigning the Controller 1 Function to "Expression" and Part to "Keyboard" the pedal does address each part. Now--- if I can get the pedal to control the style volume I'll be in good shape.

Thanks for your input. I keep learning new things from you and I do appreciate your sharing.

RP

#92884 - 06/07/03 05:27 PM Re: MFC10 help question
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Peck:
Now--- if I can get the pedal to control the style volume I'll be in good shape.

I think you achieve this by simply changing the Foot Controller Setting's Expression Function 'PART' setting from 'Keyboard' to one of the following 'Style' type selections:

* StyleRhythm1
* StyleRhythm2
* StyleBass
* StyleChord1
* StyleChord2
* Style Pad
* StylePhrase1
* StylePhrase2

- Scott

#92885 - 06/08/03 08:35 AM Re: MFC10 help question
Richard Peck Offline

Hi Scott,

So far no luck controlling the style volume. I tried your last suggestion but wasn't successful. Someone out there in the Zone has to know how to do this. It's just a matter of finding them.

Maybe George Kaye has some ideas. He's been helpful in the past.

rp

[This message has been edited by Richard Peck (edited 06-08-2003).]

#92886 - 06/09/03 08:25 AM Re: MFC10 help question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Richard, . . . Just had to reply as I just went through the same frustration with the MFC10. After a number of conversations with Yamaha Support, we determined if you want to control the master volume with a foot pedal, you'll need the FC7. I have the MFC10 conrolling the upper parts, and the FC7 controlling the overall volume. Works great!

By the way, good to hear someone else in AZ with the Tyros. I thought I bought the only one in AZ at Guitar and Keyboard City.

Tim

#92887 - 06/09/03 11:15 AM Re: MFC10 help question
Richard Peck Offline

Hi Tim,

What great news that there's at least more that one other Tyros owner in AZ!!!
I've been looking for someone to share knowledge/experience with somewhere in the state and so far haven't had any luck.

I came to the same conclusion and hooked up my other foot pedal to accomplish what I wanted. It's a shame that with all the things the MFC10 will do it won't do something as basic as control volume on all parts.

Thanks again for you input. I'll send you a personal email to see if you're interested in networking to share our collective knowledge.

Stay cool!

rp

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online