SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#92386 - 09/30/04 05:27 PM Re: OT - Friend wants to quit smoking
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
semilivemusic,reading your story has given me to at least reduce my smoking,and i have discovered today a brilliant way to cut down with NO withdrawal symptoms,i normally smoke about 30 a day,(40 years)i tried this new method out today and its down to 12 cigs,after only one day ,tomorrow i will try to cut down to 9,then 6,etc i will let you know how i get on,(HERE IS THE SECRET) i found that when you light a cigarette it is only the first puff or two is all that you need to supply your nicotine addiction,so after 2 puffs cut off the lighted bit with a pair of scissors ,when you next want a cig relight same cig and take another 2 puffs,again cut off lighted bit,this may sound a bit mean,i have reduced my smoking intake by 18 cigs in 1st day,without no problems,mike

[This message has been edited by nardoni2002 (edited 09-30-2004).]

#92387 - 09/30/04 09:20 PM Re: OT - Friend wants to quit smoking
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by nardoni2002:
semilivemusic,reading your story has given me to at least reduce my smoking,and i have discovered today a brilliant way to cut down with NO withdrawal symptoms,i normally smoke about 30 a day,(40 years)i tried this new method out today and its down to 12 cigs,after only one day ,tomorrow i will try to cut down to 9,then 6,etc i will let you know how i get on,(HERE IS THE SECRET) i found that when you light a cigarette it is only the first puff or two is all that you need to supply your nicotine addiction,so after 2 puffs cut off the lighted bit with a pair of scissors ,when you next want a cig relight same cig and take another 2 puffs,again cut off lighted bit,this may sound a bit mean,i have reduced my smoking intake by 18 cigs in 1st day,without no problems,mike

That's pretty cool, Mike.

Whoever said their daughter came home in tears, I know another guy this happened to. The daughter was distraught and they finally figured out when she fessed up "Because Daddy's gonna die."

I am collecting all of this for my friend and I will hand it to him. He told me again last night he really wants to quit. Not sure yet about that but let's hope.

I can't tell you how much I despise cigarettes. I don't badger people but it just seems insane when you think about. You are sucking in a known POISON, actually a bunch of them, with every breath.

I watched a man at a bar at a gig last weekend. He was right next to me at the bar when I took a break. I noticed my gosh, how much he is inhaling. I started counting. Every 12 to 15 seconds, this guy took a drag. One cig after another. Chain smoking, one drag every 15 seconds. Now, that is disgusting. That poor man was pathetic. Heck, all smokers are. I hope they scare heck out of kids but it doesn't look like it's working to me. Young people, it's WAY up there. I don't know percentage but it's really high, how many smoke. If I play in young person's bar, it's HORRIBLE with the smoke.

Tobacco companies are evil.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online