SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#92205 - 01/06/06 05:16 PM Groove Tube SFX-100...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Has anyone tried one of these small amps out yet? I talked to one person who insists it will do the same as the Bose PAS, but on a smaller scale. If so, it would be great for nursing homes, assisted living, and similar venues.

The Spacestation is SFX sound stereo technology in a small, roadworthy and affordable package. In the USA this is a Guitar Center exclusive item so please do not order from the website.

Spacestation measures just 18" high and 11" deep and wide. It has our SFX E1 encoder circuitry, a warm FET stereo 100 watt per channel amplifier, both front and side SFC speaker all contained in it's textured plywood cabinet.

The front speaker is a custom made 8: Co-Ax speaker with a 1" compression driver crossing over at about 1600Hz. The side speaker is a specially designed 6.5" full range speaker mounted 90 degrees off axis to the front speaker, the secret of the SFX magic.

Designed for use with any stereo line level signals from a mixer, keyboard, POD etc. This works great as a stand alone true stereo amp for keyboards, or the stereo based guitar modelling amps and devices such as the popular Line 6 POD.

A master level and master width control allows balancing of the SXF Stereo image to the acoustics of the venue.

Spacestation has a sub woffer output so you can turn it into an effective leyboard amp for medium sized gigs. Since this is a full range system, using a small passive mixer as the Spacestation input will allow the entire band to play through the Spacestation. A single SFX Stereo Spacestation can fill a small church or club with magical stereo SFX souuround sound. You many not even need a monitor since both the band and the audience hear exactly the same mix from the same point source and the players can naturally balance their levels as they all hear from the same source.

Inquiring minds want your opinion,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#92206 - 01/06/06 05:52 PM Re: Groove Tube SFX-100...
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
I talked to one person who insists it will do the same as the Bose PAS, but on a smaller scale

If so, I want one... besides, it has my initials. Does GC have these is stock?

Glenn

#92207 - 01/06/06 06:01 PM Re: Groove Tube SFX-100...
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA

#92208 - 01/06/06 07:13 PM Re: Groove Tube SFX-100...
travlin'easy Offline

GC has them down here in the People's Republic of Maryland, therefore, they should have them at all their locations. It was introduced at the 2005 Winter NAAM. It was also recently talked about in Keyboard Magazine. I have yet to go to GC to try it out, but I will try to do this in the next few weeks. This could be a big breakthrough if it is really true. If not, the return policy with GC is store credits, which I do not want!

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

#92209 - 01/06/06 07:25 PM Re: Groove Tube SFX-100...
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY

#92210 - 01/07/06 03:24 AM Re: Groove Tube SFX-100...
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA

Interesting, I'll be a my local GC later today. Looks like this could be ideal for the usual smaller gigs I play. I use the Logitechs z5500s and they are great, but I find them a pain in the butt to set up. The Roland KC 150 I sometimes use weighs in at 30 pounds is easy to transport but lacks the sound quality I'm looking for. This may be just what the doctor ordered.

http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM05/Content/Groove_Tubes/PR/SFX-Spacestation-Redesign.html

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 01-07-2006).]

#92211 - 01/07/06 05:07 AM Re: Groove Tube SFX-100...
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Odd how it came out a year ago? and there's very little on the web. Also, I saw a price of $495 mentioned, not $799. ???

If it works, looks great. For ease of carting, setup. I assume you perform with it on a pole.

No need for a sub?

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#92212 - 01/07/06 07:01 AM Re: Groove Tube SFX-100...
travlin'easy Offline

Bill,

I've been led to believe that it stays on the floor, which helps the bottom end a bit, but still provides a full-room sound. Like I said, I'll have to check this out in person. As for the price, the GC store here has it for $499, and you can likely get it about $50 cheaper if you do a bit of haggeling.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

#92213 - 01/07/06 07:13 AM Re: Groove Tube SFX-100...
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I think it might it have on the Harmony-Central link... said something about "leave it low and it serves as an amp and leave it high to spread the sound."

Somebody demo it!

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#92214 - 01/07/06 07:46 AM Re: Groove Tube SFX-100...
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
http://trio.harmony-central.com/ramgen/WNAMM05/Groove-Tubes.rm

Groove tube amp starts about 3:30 in the video.

Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online