SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#91991 - 10/26/04 10:45 AM Squeak_D did you buy Power Tracks Pro? What's your evaluation?
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Curious. I have a lot of challenges in attempting to input notes into XG Works. I will try one more time before giving up.
Starkeeper

#91992 - 10/26/04 12:08 PM Re: Squeak_D did you buy Power Tracks Pro? What's your evaluation?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Actually not yet. I was set to buy it, but I'm going to wait until my wife and I move. In september my wife landed herself a federal job She works for the SSA. Aswome pay that made my salary look like a joke. We're planning on moving here really soon, and once we get situated I think she's going to give me this computer for all my music use and buy herself another.... That's fine with me Our computer isn't the newest on the market, and with all the programs we already have she wants me to wait until she can clean out the system. This way when I get recording software it will run more efficiently.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#91993 - 10/26/04 12:21 PM Re: Squeak_D did you buy Power Tracks Pro? What's your evaluation?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Squeak, Do you think you could get us all a thirteenth check this year? Before it runs out...

SSA

#91994 - 10/26/04 12:36 PM Re: Squeak_D did you buy Power Tracks Pro? What's your evaluation?
Starkeeper Offline

"We're planning on moving here ".
Where's here? Erie? Are you moving to the Zone?
Starkeeper

#91995 - 10/26/04 12:41 PM Re: Squeak_D did you buy Power Tracks Pro? What's your evaluation?
Starkeeper Offline

Does anyone know how to effectively input notes on the staff of XG Works. I tried doing something really simple like keying in 4 * 1/4 notes. The 1st 3 where fine, but the last 1/4 note was tied to an 1/8 or 1/16 on the next measure. Huh? Why did it do that?
Starkeeper

#91996 - 10/26/04 02:46 PM Re: Squeak_D did you buy Power Tracks Pro? What's your evaluation?
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
I have PT pro 9 aned also I have xg works, I gave up on xg works and use power tracks. I've been using it for 10 years so I think it's real intuitive. But they have great online help ask a question and a day later you have an answer.

------------------
qqqwq@hotmail.com

#91997 - 10/26/04 03:55 PM Re: Squeak_D did you buy Power Tracks Pro? What's your evaluation?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Cassp, don't think I can come through on the 13th check

Starkeeper, Nope, I won't be moving up to Erie (wouldn't mind though). We're going to move locally here in West Virginia. The beauty of her job is that being a federal employee she has the option of moving to another state to take a position if she so chooses I'm still aiming for Florida.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#91998 - 10/26/04 08:23 PM Re: Squeak_D did you buy Power Tracks Pro? What's your evaluation?
deatonent Offline

Loc: Tazewell, VA, USA
Starkeeper,
I use PowerTracks Pro. I also have XG Works. I find PowerTracks Pro useful. I find XG Works difficult to use. Thus, I didn't even install XG Works when I bought my new computer recently. PTP is also supported by a very helpful BBS at: http://www.pgmusic.com/cgi-bin/Ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?category=1

The midi sequencing is highly refined as are the notation functions. Digital audio recording and editing is included also.
Deaton

[This message has been edited by deatonent (edited 10-26-2004).]

#91999 - 10/26/04 11:28 PM Re: Squeak_D did you buy Power Tracks Pro? What's your evaluation?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Starkeeper
got both. Powertracks is easier to use.
One neat thing that xgworks can do, that powertracks can't, is use psr styles ( in addition to it's inbuilt styles).
ie a quick way to create a midifile backing track using a psr style is
type in chord progression for your song
then type in the style parts ie intro, variations fills etc then expand that into a midifile. You can record additional tracks, do a bit of editing etc
Works a bit like Band in a Box software.
If you're interested , I can give more specific instructions.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Starkeeper:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#92000 - 10/27/04 06:21 AM Re: Squeak_D did you buy Power Tracks Pro? What's your evaluation?
Tomcat Offline

Loc: Ft Collins Colorado, USA
LOL, Rikki, would you please give more specific instruction!! I have XG Works 3.0.7E (ie, I have the update patch that makes it run on WinXP) and have Power Tracks Pro 8. I'm just getting around to start trying to figure out how to use both of them, so any info you have would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

------------------
Bigger is not always better

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online