SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#91944 - 04/04/03 12:24 PM need information about Tyros
SD_FAN Offline

Loc: São Paulo, SP / Brazil
Hello to everybody,

I’m thinking about changing my VA7 to a Tyros (or to a 9000Pro) and I need some feedback about its sonorous quality. Up to now I only heard its sounds in MP3; here in São Paulo/Brazil, Yamaha imports the Tyros and the 9000Pro just under request.
Is the voices quality better than the VA7 ?
My other keyboard is an SD1 and to me is the referential of timbres quality.
This subject must have been already discussed , but I’ll appreciate some coments.

Thanks
Armando

#91945 - 04/04/03 01:43 PM Re: need information about Tyros
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
You may want to wait for the Pa-X from Korg. It is suppose to ship in October of this year. It comes in a 76 or 61 key version. Some of the specs floating around the Internet are quite impressive and appealing. It will be interesting to say the least what the truth really is regarding the Pa-X. Someone stated that it will have 256 note Polyphony. But the truth may be another story. No one has said for certain if either of the versions will have built-in speakers. I would imagine the sounds will be extra good and a step up maybe two from the PA-60/80.

If I were to choose between the Tyros and the 9000Pro I would get the 9000Pro. It has a greater feature list, 76 Keys, Sampling capabilites, expansion capabilities, and all the voices on the Keyboard can actually be played by the Keyboardist. Sorry Mega Voices..... Although the Mega Voices sound great incorporated in Styles, they cannot be played separately in a realistic manner by the Keyboardist. The 9000Pro can also be purchased for around the same price as the Tyros.
www.musiciansbuy.com
Yamaha PSR9000 PRO
Option 1 Includes:
Includes: a FREE Yamaha YSTMS Speaker System w/subwoofer, FREE QuikLok QL646 Heavy-Duty
Double Braced X-Style Stand and choice of
FREE Yamaha PLG100VH or PG150VL Expansion Cards!

Suggested Retail Price: $3,995.95
Our Price: $3,195.95
for a Limited Time Only!

Yamaha PSR9000 PRO
Option 2 Includes:
FREE YSTMS Speaker System with Subwoofer,
w/subwoofer, FREE QuikLok QL646 Heavy-Duty
Double Braced X-Style Stand and
FREE 64 Meg RAM SIMM Memory Chip ...a $249 Value!

Suggested Retail Price: $3,995.95
Our Price: 3,195.95
Limited Time Offer!

Musiciansbuy.com does not ship Yamaha products internationally but if you have friends or relatives in the USA you could ship it to their address and then have them ship it to you via Federal Express, UPS, etc. PS: Musiciansbuy.com has free shipping for orders over $239 throughout the Continental US. That offer is good through April 15th!

But you have one the best Arrangers on the market right now, ie., the Ketron SD-1. If you have the patience though, I would wait for the next generation of Arrangers. Summer NAMM 2003 is not too far away and I would think the Pa-X will be revealed at that time and hopefully several other new Arrangers from different Manufacturers.

Best regards,
Mike

#91946 - 04/05/03 07:04 AM Re: need information about Tyros
SD_FAN Offline

Mike,

Unhappily, the official importers here in São Paulo/Brazil (Ketron, Roland, Yamaha, Korg….) only give warranty to the products directly imported by them. Therefore I stay with fear of bringing some keyboard directly from EUA (the other reason is that the custom duty here in Brazil is to big). Yamaha only have available in stock the PSR-2000 and, the Tyros with all the importation taxes and shipping includes cost $3,450.00 (maybe the 9000Pro a little more than that).
Anyway, I thank your attention and found interesting the idea of waiting Summer NAMM 2003.

Thanks a lot,
Armando

(sorry my English)

#91947 - 04/06/03 05:07 PM Re: need information about Tyros
Roddey Offline

Loc: Wagga NSW Australia
HI I recently changed from a VA7 to the Tyros.I am very happy that I did.The sounds are comparable-mabey sl better on the VA7 in the category of pads and ethnic instuments.The Tyros sounds are better in the guitars and orchestral instruments and saxes.There are more sounds on the VA7.However the tyros has access to the vast library of PSR styles and most other converted styles as well.I found the Tyros is much more user friendly in terms playing and manipulating the sounds and styles.I much preferred using buttons for manipulating everything including the LSD screne.I found the touch screen on the Va7 difficult and "boggy".The Va7 is a great machine but overall the Tyros is better to work with for me and I am using it every day easily without frustration and angst.

#91948 - 04/06/03 05:54 PM Re: need information about Tyros
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
I sent an email to you.

Chico

#91949 - 04/07/03 07:44 AM Re: need information about Tyros
SD_FAN Offline

Roddey,
I thank your return.

Chico,
See your email.

Best regards
Armando

#91950 - 04/10/03 02:59 PM Re: need information about Tyros
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Roddy, if possible, from your experience with the tyros and VA7 how do these sounds compare...

Brass, Harmonica, Flute, Male & Female voices

#91951 - 04/11/03 01:25 AM Re: need information about Tyros
Roddey Offline

Loc: Wagga NSW Australia
Hi rolandfan-my memory is fading but I think the brass is comparable,the flutes are better on the tyros,the harmonica is comparable and the voices were better on the VA7.I love ambient music and I thought that the pads were better on the VA7 however.Overall the sounds were probably better on the VA7 by a touch.That was the VA7s(and Rolands) strong point for sure.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online