SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#91771 - 02/09/04 05:45 AM Re: Scott how was the Chinese Festival gig in SF?
Dnj Offline

Scott.....

great pics...
I dig the kool lookin sign too

thanx

#91772 - 02/09/04 05:50 AM Re: Scott how was the Chinese Festival gig in SF?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Scott,

Looks like you had a great time and obviously were able to overcome all the pitfalls of a large, outdoor performance. Especially liked the set's backdrop with the Great Wall and flowers in the foreground. Really gave it a nice air of attraction.

Instead of the dancing girls or other musicians, the stage crew could have added a few items to the stage that would have made a big difference as well. Potted plants, Chinese sculptures, etc, would have made a huge difference and really added to the overall appearance.

Looks like you need to work on the wiring harness a bit. Granted, most of the wires are tucked in behind the front drape, but it sure looks like you have a lot to hook up and lots of wires on the floor. Hard to tell, through, with the photos.

I'm really looking forward to seeing those videos sometime in the near future.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#91773 - 02/09/04 09:02 AM Re: Scott how was the Chinese Festival gig in SF?
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Hey - nice "Great Wall" backdrop! That's a keeper (assuming it was "keepable"). I love how the delicate coloring of the red flowers in the picture perfectly complimented your red audio cables.

#91774 - 02/09/04 11:40 AM Re: Scott how was the Chinese Festival gig in SF?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
the stage crew could have added a few items to the stage that would have made a big difference as well. Potted plants, Chinese sculptures, etc, would have made a huge difference and really added to the overall appearance.

Perhaps throwing in a few rare ming vases, a couple of 8 foot high jade statues and a huge 24 karat gold plated gong placed center stage would have helped too. Seriously though, I don't think it would have made a difference, as this gig was an outdoor festival casual event, and not intended as a formal concert, so the stage props (or lack of) itself seemed fitting for this type of venue.

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:

Looks like you need to work on the wiring harness a bit. Granted, most of the wires are tucked in behind the front drape, but it sure looks like you have a lot to hook up and lots of wires on the floor.

Actually, 7 inputs (cords) into the Tyros:

* Foot Pedal 1 (sustain)
* Foot Pedal 2 (fill to self)
* Foot Pedal 3 (Registration Advance)
* Audio Out R
* Audio Out L
* Mic In
* Power Cord

Well, to be honest, seeing cords strung about the stage floor is often more 'the norm' (rather than the exception) in many of the music performance stage venues I've performed on, especially with multiple acts/performers coming on/off stage. The orange (red?) audio (L/R) cables were supplied by the stage crew to connect to their huge house PA system. The sound engineer was positioned in a booth out in the audience to monitor & adjust the sound levels & EQ mix. I basically left it to the real pro stage, sound, and lighting crew for getting my equipment set up & on/off stage. I suppose the excess cords strewn on the floor wouldn't win the Emily Post award, but what the heck. - Scott

Quote:
Originally posted by The Pro:

Hey - nice "Great Wall" backdrop! That's a keeper (assuming it was "keepable").

Yeah, 'great' wall alright, I bet they'll use it again 'next' year.

Scott

#91775 - 02/09/04 06:41 PM Re: Scott how was the Chinese Festival gig in SF?
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Hi Scott

Just a quick note to let you know that I enjoyed your performance at the Festival. I already told you in person, but I wanted to let everyone know that you did a great job under some pretty unusual circumstances. Your professionalism really shown through!

By the way, I mentioned I took a bunch of pics and was planning on sending you the best. Forget it! None of my shots are anywhere near as good as the ones on your web page. I seemed to be stuck behind various parking signs, large headed people, and the occasional balloon passing by! So even your pics are real pro! Thanks again for a fun day.

Tom G.

#91776 - 02/10/04 04:04 AM Re: Scott how was the Chinese Festival gig in SF?
Dnj Offline

#91777 - 02/10/04 04:29 AM Re: Scott how was the Chinese Festival gig in SF?
RichUK Offline

Loc: England
Great pictures Scott! Will look forward to seeing the video clips... sounds like you did exceptionally well under exceptional circumstances!

#91778 - 02/10/04 06:30 PM Re: Scott how was the Chinese Festival gig in SF?
Dnj Offline

Scott where did you get the Kool sign made up?

#91779 - 02/10/04 10:14 PM Re: Scott how was the Chinese Festival gig in SF?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by RichUK:
Great pictures Scott! Will look forward to seeing the video clips... sounds like you did exceptionally well under exceptional circumstances!

Thanks Rich! Hope to get the video clips up later this week. In the meantime, I'm still torn over what computer video format I should have them converted to. Quicktime, WMV, or MPEG2 AVI or? Somebody, please offer some guidance & advice with this.

Btw folks, just in case some of you may have missed it, I STRONGLY recommend listening to Rich Child's excellent music on his website: http://richmusic.co.uk
Fantastic vocals and terrific instrumental arrangements. Really looking forward to hearing more music from you Rich. - Scott

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

Scott where did you get the Kool sign made up?

Donny , had it made at a local Banner/Sign shop. Custom size Vinyl sign. Cost me about $65 to have it made up (with pockets for copper rods (upper & lower), and it easily attaches to the top and bottom of my keyboard stand. Well worth the expense as with my web address clearly displayed, insures increased website hits and gig booking inquiries. Hits to my website have shot up dramtically following the Sunday Street fair gig. - Scott

#91780 - 02/11/04 04:08 PM Re: Scott how was the Chinese Festival gig in SF?
SBPC Offline

Loc: Goleta, CA, USA
Hi Scott,
In looking at that nice photo, I noted that you evidently performed without lead sheets or written lyrics. I remember not too long ago you were saying that your goal was to do your performances without those items. Good for you. Are you doing that on all of your gigs now?
Paul C.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online