Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#91686 - 02/13/04 05:49 PM Mediastation Arranger - Routing
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi guys,
this are some screen shoot of our arranger:
http://www.lionstracs.com/modules/Static_Docs/data/gui/seq241.png
TRhis GUI window is double, mean 16X2 midi tracks.
We can have till: 8 Intro, 8 Fill, 8 variation, 8 Ending.

This is the Piano roll editor, with full midi event list, bar, beat... http://www.lionstracs.com/modules/Static_Docs/data/gui/seq242.png
each patter can have indipendent MIDI channel and one of the 14 midi Outputs.

Each CPU Audio and Midi digital Inputs-outputs may be routing in the JACK enviroments, with a lots of indipendents plug-ins, look here: http://www.lionstracs.com/modules/Static_Docs/data/gui/desk.png

After all the digital routing is setting and saved like preset, give the another ANALOG AUDIO MATRIX routing: http://www.lionstracs.com/modules/Static_Docs/data/gui/matrix.png

IF the DSP Dream soundbank is not enough, is possible run in the Arranger, Players, keyboard tone, our new Mediastation Add/Sub synth: http://www.lionstracs.com/modules/Static_Docs/data/gui/msadd.png

Or of couse the 180 Voice Linuxsampler with .GIG library.

Of course, all the new software release and all the mediastation styles, are TOTALLY free to download from our server, just pressing the key: HELP

I think that for the first shipping release, ( end April 2004) the Arranger is enough powerfull.
In the second step, in the arranger will implemented the full Audio streaming, with Pitch shift and Time scratch, the same used now in the double players.
Of couse the arranger here is double too, with the X-fade function.
Domenik

#91687 - 02/14/04 09:00 AM Re: Mediastation Arranger - Routing
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Domenik,

I think it is great that the Mediastation has so many nice features. And according to you the price of a basic model will be 2,999 Euros which is acceptable if it has so many features. Does the basic model include all these features too but with the lesser CPU and of course no 76 keys, right?

But my main point writing this is the 'sounds'. A Keyboard can have all the features in the world but if the sound it produces 'sucks' then your product will be worthless IMO.

Having said that; I would like to hear some 'new' "DEMOS" of the Mediastation on your web site. Ones that will reasure me that the Mediastation will not only have many good features but will sound "beautiful". Beautiful Strings, great authentic sounding Guitars, lovely Pads, exquisite Brass sounds, marvelous Woodwinds, fantastic Organs, dynamic sounding Styles, etc.

If that cannot be demonstrated to me that the Mediastation is at least on par with the Big Three's comparable counterparts, ie. Yamaha Tyros, Korg Pa1XPRO, Roland - uh, well forget about Roland for now. Anyway if the Mediastation cannot do that, ie., - give us outstanding quality Voices and Styles for our money - then I for one would not even consider buying a Lionstracs Mediastation. And I think I speak for the majority of Gigging musicians and even most home hobbyists.

THE most important feature of ANY Keyboard is the quality of its SOUNDS! All of the other stuff is just fluff and gravy. The MEAT of any Keyboard is in its ability to produce the most accurate convincing realistic true to life sounding instruments. And the quality of its Synth sounds should be a top priority too.

Can the Mediastation deliver that?? I am not convinced that it can especially after the latest demos from NAMM.

Best regards,
Mike

#91688 - 02/14/04 10:34 AM Re: Mediastation Arranger - Routing
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
Domenik,

I think it is great that the Mediastation has so many nice features. And according to you the price of a basic model will be 2,999 Euros which is acceptable if it has so many features. Does the basic model include all these features too but with the lesser CPU and of course no 76 keys, right?

But my main point writing this is the 'sounds'. A Keyboard can have all the features in the world but if the sound it produces 'sucks' then your product will be worthless IMO.

Having said that; I would like to hear some 'new' "DEMOS" of the Mediastation on your web site. Ones that will reasure me that the Mediastation will not only have many good features but will sound "beautiful". Beautiful Strings, great authentic sounding Guitars, lovely Pads, exquisite Brass sounds, marvelous Woodwinds, fantastic Organs, dynamic sounding Styles, etc.

If that cannot be demonstrated to me that the Mediastation is at least on par with the Big Three's comparable counterparts, ie. Yamaha Tyros, Korg Pa1XPRO, Roland - uh, well forget about Roland for now. Anyway if the Mediastation cannot do that, ie., - give us outstanding quality Voices and Styles for our money - then I for one would not even consider buying a Lionstracs Mediastation. And I think I speak for the majority of Gigging musicians and even most home hobbyists.

THE most important feature of ANY Keyboard is the quality of its SOUNDS! All of the other stuff is just fluff and gravy. The MEAT of any Keyboard is in its ability to produce the most accurate convincing realistic true to life sounding instruments. And the quality of its Synth sounds should be a top priority too.

Can the Mediastation deliver that?? I am not convinced that it can especially after the latest demos from NAMM.

Best regards,
Mike

I think while all of that is true, the mediastation seams to be a new way of thinking about keyboards and sounds. I hope some one can correct me if I am wrong but it seam as if the mediastation is just giving the very basic sounds and leaving it to the user to import from other sources what ever sounds they want. If the mediastation is a platform on which different softsynth can be loaded then that may be good for people who get keyboards but don’t like or don’t use half of the sounds. However, even the basic sounds from the mediastation if they are going to be demoed must be of a high quality.

#91689 - 02/14/04 12:48 PM Re: Mediastation Arranger - Routing
trtjazz Offline

I agree with both posts here and as long as we're back putting the media station on the hot seat....when are you guys going to hire a pro to do demos for your site?

I watched the videos again the other day...I have to tell you in watvhing the one NAMM video where the guy in the blue shirt was jammin away on piano, I started to get interested......he was drawing a crowd and giving the board a workout......then......

No Ofeense but the dude with the white shirt and hat kept coming over and jerking with the board and trying to play chords on the board, while the other guy was rockin' it. Well the dude in the blue shirt finally got up and walked away, I'm sure disgusted with the other guy trying to play the board at the same time. Dude in the white shirt sits down and jams along with chords again and the crowd went away.

1. How rude to keep horning in on the one guy's playing laying hands all over the board.

2. The white shirt dude couldn't hold a candle to the blue shirt guys playing abilities.

3. He lost the crowd by doing so.

Guys.....this is not that difficult. Go into a room with a decent recorder and player and record some sounds.

Then get someone who can take a decent video doesn't have to be hollywood, even a decent home cam so someone can see what is going on.

If you cannot do either of those send me a Mediastation and I'll do it for you.

Right now this board from the videos and sound clips is still a definite "No Way."
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#91690 - 02/14/04 03:25 PM Re: Mediastation Arranger - Routing
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
Maybe you Mediastation guys wants to come over to our Synthzone convention ? Good munchies and lots of constructive criticisms from us arranger players, guaranteed !

Just a long shot wish !

BTW the arranger looks great IMO. If you load it with those basic sounds that we all need that has superb quality. You do not need 1 million sounds. Just couple dozens good ones. Killer pianos/ep's, bass, strings, brass, sax, etc. All of us synthzoners will go bonkers with your board !

#91691 - 02/14/04 05:05 PM Re: Mediastation Arranger - Routing
Anonymous
Unregistered

well guys...
I will try to reply to all your questions, ( IF I can, why my englisch is not so good..I know 4 language, well to talk but not to type)

1) the Lite version have all the same Linux software, 76 key's, same CPU mainboard, but less power. Of couse, yourself, you can upgrade up to 3.2Ghz CPU and 3Gb ram, like the pro version.
The Lite version don't have all the big audio mixing system and DSP, we use the same PCB board of the SM-X expander, 1 DSP 128 Voice, 4 outputs only and the possibility to add one 128 Voice wavetable. Soundbank are stored in flash, in the standard and pro version, we use 2X 256Mb DIMM indipendent, so you can upload the soundbank that you like.

2) sound...
well. how we told here a lot of time, I had desing a totally OPEN system and not only for the Linux OS. It mean that with 256Mb X two DSP, you can load the sound that you like, import from Gigasampler, Akai, waw, ogg...and make a new instruments HOW you like too.
Our sounds guys are working for made new instruments in HQ, why we dont have problem of sample size...like the others.
so..IF you don't like OUR sounds, you just can load and make your sounds.
For me, all this stuff don't care, my problem is desing a OPEN hardware system with HQ final result: 24bit, 116dB, 18Hz-21.250khz frequency response, then...all what you like load in the sampler, hard disk...I DON'T CARE, I will ONLY that my sound hardware is the best and you pay the price for the best hardware. If you don't like this open system, you are totally FREE to buy old stuff and be happy for what you had buy.
Just asking around HOW sounds well the Solton SG-X, is my product too, same system made in mediastation too.

3) to the genesys...
here is ALL true, no LIE, Mediastation is a TRUE keyboard, look again the video and asking all the people that saw it at the namm, ok...we just need more time to complete the software, BUT all the HARDWARE EXIST.
I had asking here before, IF someone had some more interesting like mediastation, JUST let me know...now is more than one month that I waiting one reply....

4) do you have understand the possibility with the VST server or not? You know what it mean? If not...yust look around the VST possibility....other keyboard may be offer you? So...about the sound now this point is close. When my guys have time, we posting new sounds again.

5) arranger..
we try to give you the best OPEN system arranger that you can do about all what you want and editing yourself all the styles that you like.
When you get a 32 tracks, 16 midi channel, 14 midi outs, 16 realtime mute, volume...audio with pitch and time scratch..what you want more? You get 2 indipendent arranger with X.fade... is not enough?
The same arranger application is used for the Arpeggiator too, need to rec only 1 tracks from the 32 and you can jump from one pattern to the other, like the arranger.
Look again well the editor, then yoy can understand all.

6) Players...
2 midi players, 2 audio players, with X-fade, time pitch and scratch..2 video players...and with CUE function....is enough? If not, with a command line, yoy can run UP 20 MP3 players + 2 video DIVX and 30 midiplayers, then we are about at 96% of the CPU....ok...then change the CPU to 3.2Ghz...is not enough?

7) trtjazz....
Abou the guy in blue tshirt...is Delmar Brown, was keyboarder of Sting, Springsteen and others...is NOT my faul if him can't play house, smooth jazz....he had try to play some but he don't know the original songs. Then Bernd had shown the right chords..anyway, this all stuff are irrilevant, the mediastation exist and a lot of people had try to play it over.
before the NAMM I had installed about 140.000 midifiles, 9000 MP3/wav and 50 movies...so...really you can play about ALL what you want and all in realtime without one sec STOP. The other may offer you this performance? without stop for hours?

Honest we have only 6 mediastation available now and all are shipped to ours engineers/developers, we are present at the Musikmesse too, so we are busy to made new video or sound clip.
For end April we are ready to shipping the first 150 mediastation, in the USA too, so be patience a little more and then you can testing it with your hands too.

A news for you there...
we just had the first Joint venture with a big USA company, really soon, in parralled with our keyboards, you will see another products with OUR Linux technology. I can't right now made the name, but you know it well.
next weeck I have a new meeting for another Joint venture, same stuff, name that yoy know MUCH better, but I can't made the name.

Conclusion:if you there don't belive in the new mediastation technology and open system, is ok, don't worry. Just waiting some months more..then you will see what soon happen...and not ONLY with Lionstracs name....
( don't forget the APPLE slogan...think the difference...is time to change)

cheers
Domenik

#91692 - 02/14/04 05:06 PM Re: Mediastation Arranger - Routing
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
Domenik,

This flexibility is great - it obviously shows that you guys have put a lot of thought into designing this instrument.

However, you have to make sure that the default presets of signal routings, effect settings, etc. are good (useful) for the majority of typical users, so that a person can use the instrument right out of the box. I am a computer engineer by day, but when the time comes to play music, all I want to do is press the power switch and start playing, rather than tinker with the settings of outputs. I am sure that even the most technically inclined members here would share my sentiment.

If you are not sure about what a typical user's requirements are, you can set up a form on your web site where we could fill in our preferences, and configure the defaults based on the most common answers. I am sure that many members of this forum would provide their input, even if Mediastation is not in their present purchasing plans, due to either cost, or whatever other reasons.

REgards,
Alex

#91693 - 02/14/04 05:21 PM Re: Mediastation Arranger - Routing
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex K:
Domenik,

This flexibility is great - it obviously shows that you guys have put a lot of thought into designing this instrument.

However, you have to make sure that the default presets of signal routings, effect settings, etc. are good (useful) for the majority of typical users, so that a person can use the instrument right out of the box. I am a computer engineer by day, but when the time comes to play music, all I want to do is press the power switch and start playing, rather than tinker with the settings of outputs. I am sure that even the most technically inclined members here would share my sentiment.

If you are not sure about what a typical user's requirements are, you can set up a form on your web site where we could fill in our preferences, and configure the defaults based on the most common answers. I am sure that many members of this forum would provide their input, even if Mediastation is not in their present purchasing plans, due to either cost, or whatever other reasons.

REgards,
Alex

Hi alex, I know what you mean.
i had posted some GUI for shown a lot of editing possibility.

I'm musician too, I play the keyb from about 32 years, I feel the same like you and I want that my keyb play after turn it on.
So, don't worry, mediastation start with a default configuration preset and you are ready to play the keyb, players, arranger without use the PC keyboard or mouse.
Anyway, with the touchscreen, you can editing all the stuff, like to have a mouse.

I will open in our forum a topic for that, the you will help us for all the questions.

Really thanks again
Domenik

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online