SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#91492 - 05/23/05 12:38 AM Re: Help: Experiencing Printing Problems w/ 'MusicFinder View' latest version 1.80 !
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
Scott,
I deny any expertise!! However I suggest that if you already have a full version installed, download the 24 March 1.86b update and install that into the existing Program Files/MusicFinderView directory. I note that there is a May 2005 version 159 in this beta directory, I'm not sure how that fits in, perhaps Michael will be able to respond.
Regards from Australia
Keith

#91493 - 05/23/05 01:04 AM Re: Help: Experiencing Printing Problems w/ 'MusicFinder View' latest version 1.80 !
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
My HP 970CSE printer actually uses included in Windows XP, printer drivers, Thanks. - Scott

I have found out over the years that it is not wise to assume that PC's go along with our theories
In my case, I re-installed from the original CD because at the time I was still working Windows98. With Windows XP it may be a different solution.
cheers

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#91494 - 05/23/05 05:03 AM Re: Help: Experiencing Printing Problems w/ 'MusicFinder View' latest version 1.80 !
Michael P. Bedesem Offline

Loc: Shrewsbury, VT
In response to the installation questions:

You must have the latest full version installed before installing updates. In the example introduced, 1.80 is the last full build and it is required to be installed before any of the updates( a readme file in the updates should say the same thing).

The reason that there is an old version there is that Scott requested it! He wanted the ability to go back in time so I picked a full version from before the PSR-3000 and other major changes. Normally it would not be there, but this was a special request.

This site is where I place specials and the latest betas for the beta testers and other interested parties. It is a working area, and you should not infer anything from the files that you find there. The released versions are put on the main download site.

The changes from 180 to 186 include:
'v1.8.1 attempt at adding CVP305; spelling error in instrument list
'v1.8.2 corrections to 3000 data file
'v1.8.3 sometimes printing does match size of original file; # checked after search is not total
' did not like landscape orientation; modified search code
'v1.8.4 added whole word serch
'v1.8.5 corrected spelling (misssing 1's) in 3k and tyros. files used in 184 are identified as old2Tyros.dat
'v1.8.6 added add keyword to all items
'v1.8.7 Uses Joses dat files ( aligns spelling between instruments)

It looks like a change was made in 1.8.3 that addressed a similar problem as Scott is reporting. I suggest that Scott download 1.8.6b, unzip the files and copy them to C:\Program Files\MusicFinderView and say "Yes" when asked" Do you wish to replace..."

Regards,

Michael

[This message has been edited by Michael P. Bedesem (edited 05-23-2005).]

#91495 - 05/23/05 08:57 AM Re: Help: Experiencing Printing Problems w/ 'MusicFinder View' latest version 1.80 !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by eddiefromrotherham:
Have you tried re-installing your printer?

Eddie, THANKS for your recommendation about reinstalling the printer. I Assume you meant re-installing the print driver. After the HP website, I discovered that the native to Windows XP Professional printer driver I was running was not the latest up to date version. Upon installing the newest version, I've discovered it includes some new appreciated enhanced features. Unfortunately though, updating my printer's driver alone didn't solve my "MusicFinder View 1.80" printing problem. - Scott

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael P. Bedesem:
It looks like a change was made in 1.8.3 that addressed a similar problem as Scott is reporting. I suggest that Scott download 1.8.6b, unzip the files and copy them to C:\Program Files\MusicFinderView and say "Yes" when asked" Do you wish to replace..."

Michael. Thanks. Good news! Updating to 1.86b as you suggested has solved the printing problem completely. Having been without print functioning MusicFinder View for only 2 days has deepened my appreciation for how important it's become to me for organizing & managing (keeping up to date) my song repetoire & for producing song request printouts for clients & distributing to the audience. I find "MusicFinder View" an essential 'must have' Yamaha arranger keyboard software utility. Many thanks again Michael for your continuing support to the Yamaha arranger keyboard user community. - Scott

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online