SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#91031 - 08/14/03 11:33 AM Re: How to embed vocals in midi ?
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
The above picture is 800 by 350 pixels.

Let me know if that works for y'all.

Hmmm, I just clicked on the link and Media Player started up and only played the .wav part. So much for Calkwalk users only.

Right-click on the link and do a Save As, then open it with Calkwalk or Sonar.

mike

[This message has been edited by msutliff (edited 08-14-2003).]

#91032 - 08/15/03 01:07 PM Re: How to embed vocals in midi ?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Thanx Mike, When I played the file in Cakewlak I had to change the drums to channel 10. I also adjusted some volumes and other levels. But I get the idea. This will work for me. Now all I have to do is figure the porting configuration.

As asked above, I plan to use this with a laptop using Cakewalkand an M-Audio USB midi/audio interface.

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 08-15-2003).]

#91033 - 08/15/03 01:50 PM Re: How to embed vocals in midi ?
msutliff Offline

Hey Cassp,

Well that's cool that you got it to work...Gives ya some kind of idea of what's possible. As far as the channel config goes, that's what was on the CD, I didn't change any of that.

Now I haven't actually tried to import a .wav file into a midi, I just knew that I had heard a sample or two and wanted to share that. To me, the hard part is going to be the timing or the synching of the two audio (data) streams. In fact, when I was trying to cut&paste those 5 seconds, the first time around it didn't work right, the .wav was about a 1/2 second behind the midi data. Turned out to be the tempo of the midi data...Increased by 10 bpm compared to the original. Re-did the cut&paste this time paying attention to the midi tempo and it worked fine. I believe there is a synching function in Calkwalk for the two streams but I didn't mess with that.

Good luck and keep us informed.

mike

#91034 - 08/18/03 06:02 PM Re: How to embed vocals in midi ?
rphillipchuk Online   content

Loc: Ontario Canada
This tread found a path of its own......I am sorry that I have not explained myself better..
A friend of mine has a "Tune 1000" midi file which he plays on a Psr2000.....What I find incredible and fun is , when you sing (Karaoke ) the harmony automatically comes in and out....your voice is harmonized without having to press left hand chords....
My question is, I have a lot of decent kar files that I would like to have the same auto VH...But I do not know how to do this!!!
If I use a program like Cubase or cakewalk, where ( Track ??)would I find this info
As always Thanks
RonP

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#91035 - 08/18/03 08:45 PM Re: How to embed vocals in midi ?
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
Ron, the Tune 1000 .kar file had the "chords" embedded into the song which is what you will need when you want the Vocal Harmony to kick in while you're singing along with the song. If a Midi or Karaoke file does not have the chords embedded into the song or recording, you will not get the Harmonizing effect. If you have the PSR 2000 you can easily tell when a Midi or .Kar file has chords embedded into it by either looking at the LCD main screen on the left side middle part where it says SCORE-chords___ , or if you're 'in' the Score window screen, as the song is playing and you have the "chord" function set to ON, if the song has chords embedded into it they will display on the Score screen as the song is playing.

I heard there is a way to add chords to an existing song and have them play back with the song on the PSR 2000/2100 and Tyros and have the Vocal Harmonizer kick in.

Joe Waters PSR Tutorial site might just be the ticket for finding info on how to do this. The URL to his site is: http://psrtutorial.com/

PS: Joe, if you read this and there is no tutorial on how to do what were talking about, could you maybe consider adding a tutorial on this subject? Or point us to a resource that explains it in step by step detail? Thanks.

Best regards,
Mike

#91036 - 08/18/03 08:50 PM Re: How to embed vocals in midi ?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
That's what I was trying to say above. Good idea though, try Joe.
DonM

#91037 - 08/19/03 09:57 AM Re: How to embed vocals in midi ?
msutliff Offline

Hey Ron,

You've got mail!

mike

#91038 - 08/19/03 12:46 PM Re: How to embed vocals in midi ?
rphillipchuk Online   content

Loc: Ontario Canada
Thanks for all the help I have a better concept on what to do or look for ...

RonP

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online