SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#91018 - 09/26/05 04:18 AM Re: Accordion + Arranger Nightmare! Help!
o3bor Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by The Accordionist:
It's weird when an accordion plays a sax sound.

Did you ever try the Roland V-Accordion?
I don't think it's weird when it plays sax, or violin or flute or...
On the contrary I find that the possibilty of controlling the expressiveness of these sounds using the bellows that V-Accordion has, gives them a sense of reality that is difficult to achieve even with the best synths.

[This message has been edited by o3bor (edited 09-26-2005).]

#91019 - 09/26/05 04:46 AM Re: Accordion + Arranger Nightmare! Help!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

#91020 - 09/26/05 07:54 AM Re: Accordion + Arranger Nightmare! Help!
The Accordionist Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by o3bor:
Quote:
Originally posted by The Accordionist:
[b]It's weird when an accordion plays a sax sound.

Did you ever try the Roland V-Accordion?
I don't think it's weird when it plays sax, or violin or flute or...
On the contrary I find that the possibilty of controlling the expressiveness of these sounds using the bellows that V-Accordion has, gives them a sense of reality that is difficult to achieve even with the best synths.

[This message has been edited by o3bor (edited 09-26-2005).][/B]

Looked heavily at the V-accordion. Joined the Yahoo user group. Asked a ton of questions. Listened to factory demos as well as user demos. Watched the NAMM video.

I just couldn't justify $6000+ for an instrument with such limited MIDI capability and so few built-in sounds. You can add a tone module but now you're bring two boxes to every gig again. You could buy two Tyros2 for that price.

The bellows are stiff and a couple users that bought them sold them within 6 months. I know a dealer in Michigan that has one for sale for $4k that somebody traded in.

It's simply not worth the price to me. It's a botique item. I had the same sounds (plus about 1000 more!) in my $1000 Fantom XR rack module. Add that to a cheap SEM CIAO for $3K and you're still at just over half the price of a new V-accordion.

I love the V-accorion concept and that a big manufacturer showed some interest in the instrument. I personally believe it will fade into oblivion within a year. I noticed that the Yahoo group went from 20 posts a week to two posts in the last three months.

Tommy

Nice 960 picture Fran! Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online