SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#91008 - 10/21/04 01:27 PM Re: Accordion + Arranger Nightmare! Help!
Dnj Offline

sounds very confusing but Good Luck with it! Let us know how it works out.

#91009 - 10/21/04 03:02 PM Re: Accordion + Arranger Nightmare! Help!
MrEd Offline

Tommy,
It doesn't sound much different than going the MP3 route that you had "ARGHHHHHHHHHHH".

Don't know how much cash that you want to put out but 1 more thing to look into is Baldoni's custom sounds and rhythms pre-setup in an x4.
UltimateBB.com

I am an accordion enthusiast myself. As Donny (DNJ) said, keep us updated.

#91010 - 10/22/04 12:21 PM Re: Accordion + Arranger Nightmare! Help!
The Accordionist Offline

It's a little different than the MP3 route because I can customize my own arrangements, fills, etc. Kind of like Band in a Box, where you enter in the chords and select a pattern/chain of patterns. Also, it's just bass and drums - no other instruments which I think the mp3s would have.

And it uses all of the SRX sounds. I have always loved Roland's SRX expansion boards (including the incredible Complete Orchestra) and from the demos I've heard of the DR-770 and the 880 the bass and drums should be incredible.

Should take me a couple of beers and around 5 songs a night to put in all the changes. I should be ready to roll in a couple of weeks.

I will definitely post some mp3s of the new combo.

Again, thanks for all the suggestions.

Tommy

#91011 - 10/22/04 03:10 PM Re: Accordion + Arranger Nightmare! Help!
MrEd Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by The Accordionist:
...I will definitely post some mp3s of the new combo...

Tommy,
Looking forward to MP3s (even with the accordion alone)

Good Luck!
Ed

#91012 - 11/10/04 07:58 AM Re: Accordion + Arranger Nightmare! Help!
John R Offline

Loc: Victorville, California
Quote:
Originally posted by MrEd:
Incidently, speaking of Petosa Millennium and Ketron, I was out last night being entertained by a guy playing dinner dance style music (standard ballads, jazz, swing ,latin stuff) on a Petosa Millennium with a Ketron X4, going thru a Bose L1 Cylindrical Radiator. He had a drummer though, so he was not using electronic rhythms.

I walked in and was at the back of the room. The sound was mellow and clear. Not loud, but full. I could not tell that he was playing a midi-reedless unit until he kicked in some other instrument sound combinations. With that Bose system, it was a quality combination. If I was playing to a group wanting that style of music, I would have been proud to be putting out that sound (proud to be that good of a player too). I'm sure the setup is pricey but this guy was older than me and only a fraction of my size. When he finished, he packed up in minutes and carried the stuff off, all by himself!

Ed

Great to see other people play midi accordions!
I too use a midi accordion with a roland800 real time arranger, plus now the new Bose Pas speaker system.
My Roland800 is great, but I would like to use other interactive styles. Midi files are to restrictive for me. I saw that ketron has a style works 2000 that claims being able to take other styles for any system and I could play them in my Roland 800 as a user style(real time arranger). Have any of you guys tried this and does it realy work this way?

#91013 - 11/10/04 04:27 PM Re: Accordion + Arranger Nightmare! Help!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
John R.

What styles are you in need of?

I can email you some styles that will sound great on your RA 800..

#91014 - 11/11/04 06:26 AM Re: Accordion + Arranger Nightmare! Help!
John R Offline

Loc: Victorville, California
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
John R.

What styles are you in need of?

I can email you some styles that will sound great on your RA 800..

Fran,
Thanks! I'll e-mail you on this.
John

#91015 - 09/23/05 12:52 PM Re: Accordion + Arranger Nightmare! Help!
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
[QUOTE]Originally posted by The Accordionist:
[B]Greetings all -

...I have a really nice acousitc accordion that I would like to use as the centerpiece of my setup...
Tommy

Okay Tommy,
It's been about a year with your new rig. How is it going and exactly what equipment are you using? I play through a Korg i40M with hard drive - holds about 7,000 files, SMF's and/or styles - not that I'll ever have that many. About half of my files are Band in a Box. Over the years I've been hearing about and seeing folks using mp3, lap-tops and any variety of modules and software. Each time I'm tempted to give a new system a whirl. But the i40M has limitations but is working for me, just need to upgrade the hard drive.
I'd really like to know how you're making out by now.
Jerry

#91016 - 09/25/05 05:47 PM Re: Accordion + Arranger Nightmare! Help!
The Accordionist Offline

Sorry for the delayed reply!

My how things have changed!

I sold my entire MIDI accordion rig. The Petosa Millenium and my Ketron XD3 arranger. I loved a lot of things about it but in the end it was crippling my advancement. I just was wallowing in the same old songs, not playing the accordion bass other than triggering chords with two-fingered left hand stabs.

And audiences never came up and asked me about my setup. I think (MY opinion) they thought it was all electronic. It's weird when an accordion plays a sax sound.

I went to acoustic only. I bought a new Exclesior 960 with the money I sold my MIDI rig with. I have never been happier.

I still frequent this forum every day. I am still learning so much from everyone here. I will by a high-end arranger. This TYROS2 has me completely excited. I'm even thinking about using it with my accordion on a gig but it seems cumbersome. It would be easier to just use a midjay for midi sequences or music file playback.

Take care.

Tommy

#91017 - 09/25/05 08:17 PM Re: Accordion + Arranger Nightmare! Help!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online