SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#90872 - 12/16/04 11:47 AM PSR2000 Midi Problem
MusicJohn Offline

Loc: Garner, NC, USA
Okay folks..I think I know the answer to this one, but want to be sure by asking you peple?

I loaded S/W program on my PC, I setup the 2K for Midi in/out, and I hooked up the cables(PC USB to 2K Midi).

Problem: The PC wants to send EVERYTHING audio to the 2K, even if it is a non midi file.

Have I got something incorrectly setup in my PC?

As always, thanks for those that respond...and a Blessed and Merry Christmas to All.

Music JOHN

------------------
MusicJohn

#90873 - 12/16/04 01:22 PM Re: PSR2000 Midi Problem
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
I'll take a quess and say its the S/W program. Don't know alot about USB ports, but I didn't think audio would come out a USB, that would have to come from the soundcard.
Good question. I hope others will answer you. What sequencer are you using? It may help to answer your qeustion.
Starkeeper

#90874 - 12/16/04 01:30 PM Re: PSR2000 Midi Problem
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
John,

Did you install the midi drivers that are on the 2000s floppy disk? Without the driver, your computer will not know how to handle the input signal.

If you did, then you must tell the program which driver to use as well.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#90875 - 12/17/04 05:22 AM Re: PSR2000 Midi Problem
MusicJohn Offline

Loc: Garner, NC, USA
No, I didnt install any Midi drivers from the 2000 floppy. I only install the driver form this cheap-o software program I got as a gift.

I am not even sure I got a floppy for the 2000. I bought it used through ebay. I will check. I think I saw it. What is the name of the driver that has to be installed, so I know what to look for?

ALos, last night a friend gave me his doenlevel version of Sonar, which I heard is very good. So I am goign to guess that I will have fixed my problem after I download the driver form the Floppy that you are talking about and get Sonar up and running?

Does this make sense?

MusicJohn

------------------
MusicJohn

#90876 - 12/17/04 06:26 AM Re: PSR2000 Midi Problem
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Sorry, no program will work without the correct driver installed in your computer. Go to www.yamaha.co.uk/xg/html/software/s_serial.htm and download the driver, install it in your computer, then you can use the program.

Gary

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 12-17-2004).]

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online