SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#90825 - 05/02/06 01:55 AM g70 performance - registration
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
what is the equivalent of korg's "performances" or yamaha's "registration" in roland? and how do you use it, since i see no buttons for such function on the panel?

i am interested in not-yet-seen e60, and i assume is pretty similar to g70 concerning it's features, and i red the manual, trying to figure out what the e60 will be like.

so, anyone?

[This message has been edited by adimatis (edited 05-02-2006).]

#90826 - 05/02/06 03:44 AM Re: g70 performance - registration
o3bor Offline

In G-70 thay are called "User Programs".
You can access them via dedicated switches in the left side of the panel, just beside the sliders.
Pressing 'List' the current User Program list page appear on the display; you can select one of the 8 User Programs listed touching the display or via the 1-8 User Program switches of the panel.
On the display you can browse among the several pages available and using the Down/Up switches on the panel you can increase or decrease the number of the active User Program.
On E-60 the function is the same, but the 1-8 User Program switches of the panel are missing.

#90827 - 05/02/06 04:45 AM Re: g70 performance - registration
adimatis Offline

tnx! i thought user programs are only sounds you edit and then save, but is good to hear is more than that!
and do you know, when turning the instrument off and then on, what user program is recalled? number one on the list or the last used one?

#90828 - 05/02/06 04:58 AM Re: g70 performance - registration
o3bor Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by adimatis:
tnx! i thought user programs are only sounds you edit and then save, but is good to hear is more than that!
and do you know, when turning the instrument off and then on, what user program is recalled? number one on the list or the last used one?

Into User Programs you can save a complete instrument setup.
At power on, no User Program is selected (Free Panel) unless you activate the 'User Program Recall' function where you can specify what User Program must be recalled at power on.

#90829 - 05/02/06 09:37 PM Re: g70 performance - registration
adimatis Offline

tnx o3bor.
i am excited about this e60 model, for some reason! i like it\s design and certainly the features are interesting. too bad is not upgradable by extra slots for later boards.
but i think 1250 euro is a good price for this 76 keys instrument.
can't wait to see the real pictures and hear some demos. it is suppose to be a better scale down g70v2 i guess.

#90830 - 05/03/06 08:42 AM Re: g70 performance - registration
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
I've just been told by a UK music shop that the E80 is basically a G70 with less keys, some new sounds and different styles. They are working on a DVD which will be free to people who want it within the next couple of weeks. He also told me that if I didn't like the G70 I wouldn't like the E80, so with that in mind I have now cancelled my pre-order

#90831 - 05/03/06 09:26 AM Re: g70 performance - registration
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
Adimatis,

I don't know about Yamaha's registrations, but in Roland KBs User Programs save the entire setup of the instrument, which is not only the voice selections, but also the style, tempo, effects, transpose, etc. Older models (G1000) had several buttons on the front panel to lock out changes in either of those, so it was easy to use User Programs during a song to quickly change the voices without changing the accompaniment, then between songs to change everything, as needed. I am sure the same functionality exists in the G70, except it is hidden somewhere in the menus, so it is not as easy to access while playing live.

Another thing, I understand that the User Programs do not save the settings of the One Touch memories, so pressing one of those buttons can throw you off - at least this has been my experience playing the G70 in the store.

Regards,
Alex

#90832 - 05/03/06 11:39 PM Re: g70 performance - registration
o3bor Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex K:
I am sure the same functionality exists in the G70, except it is hidden somewhere in the menus, so it is not as easy to access while playing live.

As I wrote above, User Programs in G-70 are not hidden in the menus, but they're accessible directly from the panel.
I wonder that you didn't see it when you played G-70 in the store.

#90833 - 05/03/06 11:50 PM Re: g70 performance - registration
o3bor Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig_UK:
I've just been told by a UK music shop that the E80 is basically a G70 with less keys, some new sounds and different styles. They are working on a DVD which will be free to people who want it within the next couple of weeks. He also told me that if I didn't like the G70 I wouldn't like the E80, so with that in mind I have now cancelled my pre-order

I think that the info that you received are not completely correct: E-80 has a lot of new sounds compared with G-70 (especially drums, percussions and basses) and all the styles has been revised due to the new sounds and the additional effects available for the style parts.
Anyway I think you will have the chance of trying it soon and you'll see if it is to your taste or not, but beware of that shop.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online