SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#90679 - 09/18/05 10:13 AM A little help using PSR3000
Jose Pereira Offline

Loc: Funchal Portugal
Hello People
Please, I can't figure out how to do this:
I want to use the PSR3000 as a sound module, I select all voices, efx, volumes for each channel then I want to save this setup as, maybe, a song, but no way. I sequence, do any setup and saving to a song without problem (I mean, using song setup) but if there isn't any midi data I can't perform a setup.
resume: I want to do my setup for a song in PSR3000 without the midi data, where do could I save this?
Thanks a lot
Regads
Jose Pereira

#90680 - 09/18/05 11:54 AM Re: A little help using PSR3000
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
Jose!

I'm not really sure what you are asking but I think you just need to save all of your settings in a registration for instant recall when you play a particular song!!

Regards - Keith

#90681 - 09/18/05 06:12 PM Re: A little help using PSR3000
Michael P. Bedesem Offline

Loc: Shrewsbury, VT
When recording from the PSR to an external sequencer, Yamaha recommends using the Mixing Console to setup voices, effects, etc. Then open the midi made in the PSR in the sequencer and multi track record to measures after the setup commands put there by the PSR. For this to work, you must have at least some note data in the track before you edit the setup in the Mixing Console. You can not 'setup' and empty track. I ensure this by starting with a type 0 midi that I made on a sequencer with one note in each channel, 1 to 16.

After editing each track in the Mixing Console, depress Top, Open Sound Creator, depress Next to the Channel Tab, and button B to the fifth item, Setup. There you will see a list of items that can be recorded to the song any time that you depress the Execute button that is shown on the screen.

First, make sure that Voices, effects, etc are all checked, then depress the Execute button, and it should tell you that it is recording your changes.

Regards,

Michael

#90682 - 09/18/05 07:22 PM Re: A little help using PSR3000
Jose Pereira Offline

Loc: Funchal Portugal
Thank you Michael and Keith
But, my english is worse than I already know!
I used to have a Motif ES6, replaced it with PSR3000 (to me, nothing missed). When I use the Motif, the motif sounds and fx were stored as a song. Easy recall. But I haven't such a good luck with PSR3000. I must confess that I haven't stored a song setup as a registration. I have done some songs savings (sounds and fx) without problem, but those have midi information. But for studio work, I sequence in ProTools or Logic but wanting to save the PSR3K setup in itself, without any midi data
I will just try the registration route. Thanks a lot for your help, and PLEASE, excuse my poor and bad english!
Best regards
Jose Pereira

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online