SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#90647 - 02/19/05 10:16 AM Tyros eq question
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
So I figured out the reg systems, thanks to you guys, ( by the way, it needs some improvements)

But I was playing around wih the individaul eq settings for the drums and percussion, which seem to give the board more life, so I save it to the user 1 stetting,

It only saves to that setting on that reg, not global?

Hopefully I'm doing it wrong,

Please tell me I'm doing it wrong

#90648 - 02/19/05 10:19 AM Re: Tyros eq question
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Sorry to say, but I think you are doing it right. But maybe I missed something too.
I had most success routing the drums to the subouts 1 and 2. They come out dry, except for the effects that were using when they made the samples. Then you can e.q. the drums on the external mixer and add effects if needed.
DonM

#90649 - 02/19/05 10:29 AM Re: Tyros eq question
frankieve Offline

Man, I was very close to making this thing sound pretty good.

So the only way is to save it to each registration,

I was trying to use the songbook mode, but looks like I would have to save each styles as a user style make all my adjustments, then use the songbook function to get the easier access.

Come on yamaha, step up and release an upgrade, like Korg

#90650 - 02/21/05 07:22 AM Re: Tyros eq question
firehead Offline

Loc: thornwood, n.y. , usa
[By adjusting the EQ, were you able to make the drums more dominant and can you explain how to do this?

Larry

#90651 - 02/21/05 08:17 AM Re: Tyros eq question
frankieve Offline

Be glad to,

Well I have both the PA1xpro and the Tyros, the drums of the PA1xpro are far superior for realism compared to the Tyros, but the Tyros seems to have a better polished blend, at the same time, they get lost a little.

So once you have selected your style, hit the mixer button to the left and down from the screen,

Next page scroll to the right to EQ

Next hit mixer button until the bottom of the screen has the style parts listed,ex,,,Rythm 1, Rythm 2, Bass

Then you'll notice above that it says hi EQ, and Low EQ, they are defualt at 64, what I did was take both and go to 127 on both eq's and rythm parts, this is just enough to give that extra umph without volume but presence.

The only probelm is you can't save it globally or into the factory style. you have to save it to a registration or save the style to a user preset style

#90652 - 02/21/05 08:33 AM Re: Tyros eq question
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Actually, the change is global, but here's the deal. When you turn the keyboard off, the changes revert to normal (64). However, if you are making a registration file, and in that file you are saving the style, any changes made to the style remain in that registration. Just did it on the PSR-3000 and it works just fine.

Almost forgot--The changes also remained when I selected other styles using the normal style file selection buttons.

Cheers,

Gary

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 02-21-2005).]

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#90653 - 02/21/05 08:53 AM Re: Tyros eq question
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Gary,
But, if you DO use registrations, the e.q. will have to be saved in those registrations. I think you are on to something!
DonM

#90654 - 02/21/05 08:54 AM Re: Tyros eq question
frankieve Offline

Didn't remain on my Tyros, everytime I picked another styles it went back to normal

Can anyone verify

#90655 - 02/21/05 08:57 AM Re: Tyros eq question
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Frankie,

Maybe it has something to do with the difference in operating systems. I thought most functions along these lines were the same on the 3000 and Tyros, but I don't know for sure.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#90656 - 02/22/05 12:49 PM Re: Tyros eq question
YamahaUS1 Offline

Loc: Buena Park, CA, USA
Gary,

I don't know how you're doing it, but I'd love to find out. Both Tyros and PSR3000 switch back to default when I go from Style to Style.
Frank,

Please explain to me why you wouldn't want the registration to have exclusive control of this function.

------------------
Yamaha Customer Support
YCASupport@yamaha.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online