SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#90480 - 01/01/03 02:14 PM Need chord changes for Theme from a Summer Place in C.
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hello

Hope somebody has this one.

Thanx

Scott Langholff

#90481 - 01/01/03 03:18 PM Re: Need chord changes for Theme from a Summer Place in C.
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Scott L,

This one's EZ:

It's basically a 6/8 feel song with a repeating I-VI-II-V (C-Am7-Dm7-G7)chord progression throughout the first 20 bars, and last 8 bars of the song. The basic 8 bar bridge in the middle is:

|Am7 - C| F - Dm7 | C - Am7 | Fm / / / |

|C - Dm7| D7 / / / | G / / /| G / / / |

Trivia: This song holds a special meaning to me because the movie, 'A Summer Place' takes place on a fictional resort island (Pine Island), off the coast of Maine, but in reality, was filmed ENTIRELY on location in my hometown of Pacific Grove, CA and the surrounding area (Carmel/Monterey). Most all of the exterior location shots (building) are still standing today. The Victorian house (the Pine Island Resort), is located just down the street from where I grew up, and the building where Sandra Dee (in the movie) supposed attended school is actually Colton Hall (City Hall of Monterey). I love this movie because it captures & preserves the way my hometown was like in the 1950's and 60's.

#90482 - 01/01/03 04:45 PM Re: Need chord changes for Theme from a Summer Place in C.
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Thanx ScottY

Funny, that's about what I expected the chord progression to be,and I tried it, and it didn't sound right. Maybe I wasn't playing the chords at the right time. I'll give it a try.

#90483 - 01/02/03 01:10 AM Re: Need chord changes for Theme from a Summer Place in C.
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:
Thanx ScottY

Funny, that's about what I expected the chord progression to be,and I tried it, and it didn't sound right. Maybe I wasn't playing the chords at the right time. I'll give it a try.

Or as Eric Morecambe would have said -
you were "Playing all the right notes but not necessarily in the right order"
I also find this very easy to do

Happy New Year everybody!

Eddie

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info
all mail from this url is virus-free thanks to Norton Antivirus2002

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online