SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#90447 - 04/15/03 04:39 PM On Stage Reverb
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
How many of you are using an outboard vocal effects unit for *live* performance? I'm wondering if the sound would be any better than the reverb built into my Vocalist Workstation, which has only one reverb type and no echo.

I'm about ready to hit the road (start gigging) with a voice that could use all the help it can get! Any recommendations? Thx...

Glenn

#90448 - 04/15/03 04:51 PM Re: On Stage Reverb
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Glenn,

I'm using a Vocalist VR and I believe it has a few different types of reverb and it has chorus. I'm like you, my vocals need all the help they can get.

Tom

Tom

#90449 - 04/15/03 06:53 PM Re: On Stage Reverb
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
glenn,

I have a Digitech Studio Twin that has 99 types of reverb and echo that I may be selling in the next few weeks. It's a great machine, and it has performed faithfully for the past three years, but I recently purchased a Digitech Vocolist-VR, which provides my with both reverb and vocal harmonies, thereby decreasing the amount of equipment I have to pack by one item. If you're interested in the Studio Twin, email me and maybe we can work something out.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#90450 - 04/15/03 07:44 PM Re: On Stage Reverb
GlennT Offline

My Vocalist Workstation is a Digitech Harmonizer, similar to the VR.

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
I recently purchased a Digitech Vocolist-VR, which provides my with both reverb and vocal harmonies

#90451 - 04/15/03 08:19 PM Re: On Stage Reverb
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Glenn, currently I use the effects in my Mackie CFX12 mixer.. I also have a Digitech workstaion vocalist, the effects are okay but not great..The best outboard effects I have used are the "older" Roland SRV2000 reverb and The DE2500 delay..I still have a Boss SE50 that has some pretty good editable patches[I won't get rid of it, it's like a Swiss Army knife of effects problem solver}..

#90452 - 04/15/03 08:57 PM Re: On Stage Reverb
trtjazz Offline

Have a listen to TC helicons new Voiceworks or other harmonizers, like the Prism regardless of what may have been said in other posts, by far it is the choice of studios and pros.

For my money if you want the best reverbs have a listen to the TC Electronis G Force.

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#90453 - 04/16/03 08:46 AM Re: On Stage Reverb
Leon Offline

Loc: British Columbia
Glenn...try not to overdo the reverb. Experiment with a little delay instead. Reverb is very easy to over use
Just my thots after 38 years of giggin'...

#90454 - 04/16/03 03:25 PM Re: On Stage Reverb
GlennT Offline

Uncle Dave?

Leon, you're probably right. The last time I played out was > 25 years ago and I used an Echoplex sparingly... really liked the effect.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online