SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#90207 - 12/03/05 03:29 PM Re: My new Tyros2
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Hi Cgiles,

I'd be curious to hear your opinion again in another two weeks. Please start a new thread if you change your mind!

Chony

#90208 - 12/03/05 04:19 PM Re: My new Tyros2
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Cgiles,
Thank you for your frank appraisal. I hope that the responses you receive will not assuage others from making the same straightforward evaluations of other brand name boards, which should include discovered benefits as well as the short comings of the various instruments. The folks who make a living making music should especially welcome educated, upfront appraisals. One would hope however, that if a deficiency (other than personal preferences) is discovered in a particular board, a suggested remedy could be offered and/or collectively arrived at, since some of us already made some significant $ outlays.
Ciao,
Jerry

#90209 - 12/03/05 04:29 PM Re: My new Tyros2
ccdmax Offline

Loc: South Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
...To Ccdmax I would say, I'm sorry if my post influenced you to cancel your order in the face of so many positive posts about the T2. It very well may have been a good fit for you...
chas

cgiles...
Your post has not influenced my decision in any way. I have been thinking about cancelling my order for weeks now. The main reason I did this is, I do mostly studio work now. PA1X Pro gives me the studio quality sounds I've been looking for (I know I know... but to me it sounds way better than any yammie I have ever owned). The styles I'm using for my recordings are not straight out of the list. I do customize the heck out of them and I use custom styles. The Korg gave me more than I have ever expected from an arranger and that's how it all started. I have heard all the mp3's and yes the Tyros2 does have better acoustic sounds... but they sound live... that's not what I'm after. I do record a lot of vocals for my clients, so you can't tell the sounds apart anyway. Second of all since the Korg gives me everything and more... do I really want to spend so much money on a keyboard that I don't see using more than 10% of the time?
(I did get a chance to play PSR3000 and Tyros1 and I don't see the Tyros2 being sooo much better than the first one)

So I've decided to stick with my PA1X Pro, ditch all the yammies, sell my Karma, X5d and go for a nice workstation with a decent sampler.

cheers,

ccdmax

------------------
Korg PA1X Pro, Karma, X5D, Yamaha PSR9000, PSR730

#90210 - 12/03/05 05:48 PM Re: My new Tyros2
zuki Offline

Chas - Here's an idea. A forum contributor has listed her G70. Maybe the T2 would be a good exchange (just an idea)

zuki

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROLAND-G70-ARRANGER-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#90211 - 12/03/05 08:04 PM Re: My new Tyros2
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
As the player of a technics kn6000, I will very likely have to change direction in the next year or so ...In my mind, I had started to lean towards the Ty2, but not having heard it, and thinking there could be a Ty3 by the time I look for something new, of course my mind is open ... in fact, a year or so ago I met DanO at his shop and I believe he played an SD1 that sounded incredible ...
All that aside, I find it interesting that many Ty1 and Ty2 players talk about "tweaking' the sounds, especially the piano ... I assume you are all 'teaking' differently, so that it sounds good to YOUR ears ? ... and if so, do you know if it sounds good to another Ty player who might have 'tweaked' his/hers differently ... BUT, if you are all 'tweaking' pretty much the same, then why didn't Yamaha do the 'tweaking' before the KBs left the factory ?!?!? ...
t.

#90212 - 12/04/05 04:17 AM Re: My new Tyros2
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi, I'm new to the forum so this is my first post!
I'm interested in this Tyros2 argument, it was not so long ago i was entangled in a 3-way argument about the two boards (PA1X and T2) In the local music shop.
To me the T2 has a SLIGHT upper hand over the PA1X in terms of voices, have you heard the Grand Piano voice of both side by side? - the Tyros is better- more body in the notes and upper octave, this is reflected through some of the other voices too. To me the Korg sounds to synthetic and muffled almost like a recorded voice rather than a voice in the room with you. It is a personal preference yes but i really don't think the T2 is a bad keyboard, true the case is awful and the styling needs work.
But to me everything about the korg when i was there with it screamed out synthetic and digital - Yamaha sounded more "in the room" and detailed.
Even comparing the online demos now as I sit here the Tyros just sounds more acoustic and alive - i don't know where they got the Korg ones from but they sound synth like and monotoned.

#90213 - 12/04/05 02:47 PM Re: My new Tyros2
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
I think the tyros2 is built with quality material and does not look like a cheap toy. I also think it is the benchmark by which all others must be judged...and thats me!

#90214 - 12/04/05 03:01 PM Re: My new Tyros2
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

#90215 - 12/04/05 05:31 PM Re: My new Tyros2
pianodano Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia

#90216 - 12/04/05 06:42 PM Re: My new Tyros2
claudiu Offline

Loc: Sterling Heights, Michigan USA
tyros needs 76 keys

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry