SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#89999 - 04/06/05 11:06 AM Re: Alesis Fusion Workstation : Your Thoughts
Darksounds Offline

Now the fact that the Alesis Fusion looks like a toy is something I definetly agree with . It's possible though that the Fusion is aggresively priced because they wish to get into the market .

As far as the Korg is concerned I think their decision to set such a high retail price will come back to bite them in the ass because many people simply can not afford such a price tag even if they think the Oasys rocks .

Well Pennywizard I would say I probably will indeed end up with the Fantom X regardless of this Fusion . You're right the Fantom X has standard outputs which should be more than capable with my sound system .

I'll let you know how the Supreme Dance Card sounds if I do end up getting it .

#90000 - 04/06/05 04:11 PM Re: Alesis Fusion Workstation : Your Thoughts
Alone&Forsaken Offline

"Alone & Foresaken:
I am ending our discussion. You still insist on turning a synth discussion into a personal attack, which is immature of you and a waste of my time. It's especially cowardly to be disrepectful of my music and career without providing me with the same opportunity to see who you are and read your bio, your recording credits, etc. Since you have no website or bio listed with your identity then it's only logical to assume you have none of the credits that you are asking of me and you are not to be taken seriously. Come back when you remedy that and can manage to discuss synths and arrangers without resorting to childish insults and we'll talk further."

Did you fail to notice the track I posted for you....

Great job countering my points...

#90001 - 04/07/05 07:57 AM Re: Alesis Fusion Workstation : Your Thoughts
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
This is a quote and some pics from Messe regarding the Alesis Fusion:

-----------------------------------------
alesis showed their 50ies radio style cadillac synth: fusion synth.
pm stuff, 6 OP FM with multi stage ENVs, has 8LFOs,8ENVs..
sounded ok, but crashed after some minutes

#90002 - 04/07/05 08:03 AM Re: Alesis Fusion Workstation : Your Thoughts
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
If their new line of mixers is any indication they are having big time quality control problems.

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 04-07-2005).]

#90003 - 04/07/05 08:20 AM Re: Alesis Fusion Workstation : Your Thoughts
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
You know I read a preliminary review about the same thing with the unit crashing. I think Alesis even said that the unit was crashing, and that it was still under development and they haven't gotten all the bugs out of the OS yet. It will still be interesting when it's released though. If they get the sounds right, and a stable OS, I think this unit is going to give the Motif ES a good run for the money.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online