SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#89738 - 01/15/04 02:53 PM Bought the new Bose tower system today
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Hmmmmm..... taking it to work tonight - I'll post my findings after I get home !
It SEEMS pretty cool ....... very easy to set up and transport - no more speaker stands needed - no stray wires on the floor - it's very neat and compact. Now for the sound and coverage ...... stay tuned !

#89739 - 01/15/04 02:57 PM Re: Bought the new Bose tower system today
Dnj Offline

sounds exciting....do you think it will cover a big room? 200-300 people versus the Ev's? did you get the Bass module also?

http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_STATIC_PAGE_EVENT&url=/index_2.jsp

click musicians products

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 01-15-2004).]

#89740 - 01/15/04 03:04 PM Re: Bought the new Bose tower system today
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Bought the new Bose tower system today

What's the model number and list/street price? Anyone have a web link to this Bose System?

Quote:
Originally posted by Donny Pesce:

do you think it will cover a big room?

Nah, only wall to wall carpet can accomplish that.

#89741 - 01/15/04 05:26 PM Re: Bought the new Bose tower system today
SBPC Offline

Loc: Goleta, CA, USA
Hi Scott,
Back on Dec. 1 of last year I started a thread on this new Bose system. "Keybplayer" followed up on a reply with the following information:

If others want to read about the L1's simply go here: www.bose.com and when you get to the main page look near the top where it says "Products for Musicians". Click that link and wait for the page to 'fully' load then click the 'Click here' link at the bottom right corner of the flash intro at the top of the page. That will take you to the info about the L1's.

Paul C.

#89742 - 01/15/04 08:35 PM Re: Bought the new Bose tower system today
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Definitely exciting stuff UD, anxious to see your impressions.

#89743 - 01/15/04 08:48 PM Re: Bought the new Bose tower system today
ViLo Offline

Loc: Dallas Tx., USA

#89744 - 01/15/04 08:52 PM Re: Bought the new Bose tower system today
ViLo Offline

Loc: Dallas Tx., USA
Have you guys seen or tried this system??
http://www.music123.com/item/?itemno=79275

#89745 - 01/15/04 09:42 PM Re: Bought the new Bose tower system today
Uncle Dave Offline

Vilo,
I had one of those Dawn systems long ago, and while the satellites have been improved, I doubt that they sound much different from the old design. It was pretty good in the bass range, but the coverage was weak due to top facing piezo tweeters. It was OK, but nothing more back then. I haven't heard the new one.

Speaking of NEW ones ......

Ta Da !!!!!

I'm Bosin' it again folks, after almost 20 years away. I had a pair of the old 800's back in the day,and they were enhanced by a dedicated sub and add-on tweeters. Powerful and punchy for vocals. Back then, that's ALL we put in the PA.....and a teeny tiny bit of bass drum.

I had the L1 out tonight with my kn7k and a live, singing drummer. I bought the model with ONE sub. I figure I can add on to it if I need it later. The sound was stellar.
Really, really crisp and omnipresent all around the room. There were virtually NO dropouts anywhere! Amazing coverage, and NO louder or dead spots. It was smooth and even all over the place. Howdeydoodat?

I use a submixer that feeds the internal speakers of my kb and then send a stereo signal to the inputs in the Bose. (I also used my DriveRackPA because it's in the rack)The remote control has vol/bass/mid/treble and main for 2 of the 4 channels. The remaining 2 channels are direct to the pedestal. This wound be a great place to add a mixer in a more conventional setup, and save the #1 and #2 inputs for mics or guitars. Those 2 inputs have effects inserts, phantom power and preset EQ models for TONS of mics, guitars, setups etc....... very cool indeed.

So, how'd it sound?

In a word .......... AWESOME.
A fellow musician came in for the last set and his jaw dropped when he saw it. The look is WAY cool, and the sound is just EVERYWHERE. The bass was perfect for the room I was in, but I suspect that a wedding or larger dance would necessitate a second woofer. (It's designed to power 2, in addition to the tops)

BTW - it's 750+ watts!

The clarity was the best part. We set up very close to the bar in this room, and people are right in our laps. No one was bothered by the sound or volume. It's almost as if it were reflective sound. It doesn't hit you in the face like a conventional design does, but somehow - it covers a wider area. Strange phenomenon, but it's true.

The cases that it comes with are very well made and attractive. It's no sweat to carry the 2 piece pole set in one hand, and the base unit(pedestal) in the other. It's light, thin and all packs up behind the rear seat of my Windstar with the kb, stand and Laptop ..... and STILL doesn't block my view over the rear seat. I have room for 7 people in the van, and all my gear at the same time! It's a thing of beauty.

Will it work for everyone? Hmmmmmmmm, probably not. Some may want to feel that air rushing at 'em more than it does, and some will want a more booming bass, but for smooth, balanced, full sound - I was very impressed. Tomorrow night's job is more demanding and I am a soloist again, so I can give it a better test drive, but I fully expect to LOVE it.

This all came about because I was trying to trade my psr2100 back to GC. I hated it so much that I was willing to spend almost anything to make them want to take it back. Bose - Big Bucks - BINGO ! We have a deal !

It's really gonna be a good test tomorrow because the room is crowded, noisy and loooooong. If it can cover THIS place, then it's a keeper. I just LOVE the sleek, modern design too. It stands about 7 ft tall, so there's no need for speaker stands. All the wiring is internal too. One A/C plug. One connection to the woofer and the input cables from my kb. That's IT ! no scraggly wire mess .... no spagetti piles on the fllor. Just neat, clean and powerful. Saturday I'm doing a dance, so I'll be able to test out the bas in a louder setting. I can't wait.

I'll check in with you again on Sunday after the E*A*G*L*E*S win the NFC championship gane ! Whooo Hooo .... what a RIDE this is !

See ya !

#89746 - 01/15/04 10:06 PM Re: Bought the new Bose tower system today
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
I'll check in with you again on Sunday after the E*A*G*L*E*S win the NFC championship gane ! Whooo Hooo .... what a RIDE this is !

See ya !

Psst!! This is inside information. Look for the COLTS to be the next Super Bowl Champs!

Best regards,
Mike

#89747 - 01/15/04 10:09 PM Re: Bought the new Bose tower system today
Uncle Dave Offline

Naw ....... just check the cover of SI this week - there's your champ !

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online