Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#89711 - 10/26/03 08:25 PM Re: I need help with the Tyros regs programming
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
ok, so how do you alter a OTS then save it with a style on a reg.

Also, is there a way, when I'm playing a style and I have a break in the song, for let's say 2 measures. With my SD-1 I just hit the start button and the style will stop but is prepared for starting as soon as a chord is played, how do you set up the Tyros to do the same thing?

Frank,
To stop the style and have it immediately ready to resume, just hit the Sync Start button. The style will resume when you hit a note in the Chord section.
To stop everything except the drums, press any three adjacent notes in the Chord section (Fingered Mode only). When you want the rest of the "band" to chime back in, play a chord.
To alter an OTS, set up everything you want to save, press the Memory button, select the parameters to be saved, then press the OTS button to which you want to save.
Then you MUST put the Style into User Memory, before you change to a different style, or your saved OTS will be gone forever!
To do this, press the Recorder button, select style, page over, then Save. You can save to User Memory or Floppy.
All these tips and more are on the PSR Tutorial page.
Good luck.
DonM

#89712 - 10/28/03 06:05 AM Re: I need help with the Tyros regs programming
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
OK,

I think it worked, basically I need to set-up the OTS the way I want it, then I save it and it goes to a user style area.

Then I must pick that style and then save it to a Reg.

OK next question,

I tried to set my volume pedal so it will controll just the right hand, which seems very easy but doesn't work, does it have to be a yamaha pedal? The pedal I'm using with my SD-1 won't work with the Yamaha

thanks

#89713 - 10/28/03 08:57 AM Re: I need help with the Tyros regs programming
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Not sure about that one. There is a place to reverse the polarity under the Controllers screen. That may be the problem.
I used my Yamaha volume pedal on X1, so it should work the other way also.
DonM

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online