#89701 - 10/24/03 01:10 PM Re: I need help with the Tyros regs programming
YamahaUS1 Offline

Loc: Buena Park, CA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
OK,I managed to get the Registration kinda working,
1 make a folder
2 create a registration
But I thought each reg can be named which I did but when I open the folder up and then the reg the individual regs are not named, they just light up when you touch them, so how am I supposed to know what reg is what?

Frank, the only way to see the name of a Registation is in the Edit mode. The stadard advice is: Name the Registration Bank so that it will remind you of what's in the Bank. A bank might represent 1 song, 2 songs or 8 songs. It depends on songs and your approach. Everybody does it a little different.

Hope that helps,

------------------
Steve Deming
Assistant Manager
Customer Support Dept.
Pro Audio & Combo Division
Yamaha Corporation of America
YCASupport@yamaha.com

#89702 - 10/24/03 02:27 PM Re: I need help with the Tyros regs programming
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
You can see the Bank names by pressing Direct Access then touching a Registration button.
DonM

#89703 - 10/26/03 09:37 AM Re: I need help with the Tyros regs programming
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Thanks Don, now I see the regis,
So I was able to make a folder than I named a reg and came out with 8 regis and named them.

My new problem is that I want to make another set of regis but they still show what I just did, How do I start again?

I can't understand why I'm having such a problem with this?

Uncle Dave says he owes me so I expect him at my front door to give me a hands on tutorial this afternoon, but then again i could be mistaken.

just kidding,

I'll keep playing with the regs but if someone knows what I'm talking about, please give me a clue

thanks

#89704 - 10/26/03 10:09 AM Re: I need help with the Tyros regs programming
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Frankie,

The easiest way to start another registration bank 'from scratch' is to simply turn OFF the keyboard and reboot, as currently loaded 'registration bank' files always REMAIN loaded until you either load another 'registration bank' file, or power down (and reboot) the keyboard. Just make sure (if you don't want to lose the orginal reg bank file) to remember to back up it up to the Ty's: user memory area, hard Drive, or onto a floppy BEFORE you turn off the keyboard.

Another way to delete regs is to selectively delete 'individual' regisistrations, up to all 8 of them, via the 'Registration Edit' window:

1) From the Main LCD display, select the J button to enter the 'Reg Bank' Window

2) Select the individual registration you want to delete from: buttons: A-J

3) Select Edit (upper toggle 7 button) to enter the 'Reg Edit' window

4) Select the individual reg(s) you which to delete (buttons: A-J)

5) Press Delete (lower toogle 5 button) and confirm deletion.

6) The lighted buttons associated with the individual regs which were deleted will no longer be lite.

Hope this helps.

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 10-26-2003).]

#89705 - 10/26/03 10:15 AM Re: I need help with the Tyros regs programming
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
frankieve
You are saving your regs to floppy disc, right?

Once saved, you can replace any settings without fear of losing them from the disc. Or, you can, as Scott says, turn off the KB and start with a clean slate.
Eddie

#89706 - 10/26/03 12:15 PM Re: I need help with the Tyros regs programming
frankieve Offline

Thanks guys,

I at first shut the keyboard off to do a new reg but I thought this is stupid, I got to be missing something, but I guess
i wasn't

thanks again

#89707 - 10/26/03 05:51 PM Re: I need help with the Tyros regs programming
frankieve Offline

OK I got the making reg part, how do I save an OTS to the reg with a style?

When I hit memory and hit the OTS button but it doesn't recall with Reg

#89708 - 10/26/03 07:03 PM Re: I need help with the Tyros regs programming
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
OTS setting are saved & included as part of a 'style'. You can though, save settings stored in a 'currently selected' OTS button (1-4) by first calling up a style with OTS, selecting one of the 4 OTS buttons, and then select the 'memory button' followed by any one of the 8 reg buttons you want to save the currently selected OTS button's settings to. It's important to make sure the 'Memory Contents' checked boxes include all of the OTS setting parameters you wish to be included to be saved into a reg memory. Hope this makes sense. - Scott

#89709 - 10/26/03 07:03 PM Re: I need help with the Tyros regs programming
frankieve Offline

ok, so how do you alter a OTS then save it with a style on a reg.

Also, is there a way, when I'm playing a style and I have a break in the song, for let's say 2 measures. With my SD-1 I just hit the start button and the style will stop but is prepared for starting as soon as a chord is played, how do you set up the Tyros to do the same thing?

#89710 - 10/26/03 07:57 PM Re: I need help with the Tyros regs programming
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
Who knows the dummies version of how to make and save a reg on the Tyros, I have no idea, I'm sure its simple but I'm looking at it and can't do it...........help

I am also having trouble setting up registrations on Tyros. I read posts on this forum and thanks to its members I have learned a lot from it. When I set the keyboard up to activate an Intro and fill up with an assigned pedal it doesnt recall everything even after saving to user memory. Does anybody know if its possible to step through style variations with OTS as registrations, any help would be very much appreciated
Thanks, Fred.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online