SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#89406 - 11/16/10 04:29 PM I need more balance in my life!
analogcontrolfreak Offline

Hey Gang,

Been working on trying to achieve some more balance in my life. For starters, I removed the TV from my bedroom. Bad feng shui . Plus since I no longer have cable, I don't really need it. I can watch movies on my mac anyway. I would like to get rid of a black stereo cabinet, that no longer fits with the room, plus I don't have room for it any where else. Most of the black furniture I have is in my office. I did buy a second buddha today, from a local antique mall. Have a couple of candles, but need a few more. Still need to replace the sheets on my bed, and buy some more artwork, for my walls.

Removing the clutter is hard. As there are some things I need to rid my self of. Old leather chair, a Korg controller keyboard, don't use it. A couple of keyboard stands, and some cables. A flat screen computer monitor, and ink jet printer. An old turntable, well only from the 1990's. Plus a lot of other crap.

There is still more that I need to achieve. Also working, on trying to be more positive, and less negative. Bit hard, when I have been cynically most of my life. I do need to relax more.

Once I start removing the clutter, things will become a bit better.

As Yoda said: "Do or Do Not. There is no try!"

PEACE!

Paul

#89407 - 11/16/10 10:33 PM Re: I need more balance in my life!
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Go for it Paul. You gotta do whatever you think will bring the most order to your life. Even if it doesn't the most important thing is that you tried. Screw Yoda lol

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 11-16-2010).]

#89408 - 11/17/10 02:56 AM Re: I need more balance in my life!

Thank You Nigel!

#89409 - 11/17/10 08:15 AM Re: I need more balance in my life!
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Paul, the positive is that you, unlike most of the world population, are thinking of ways to improve your life, with the intent of becoming a better person.

And that speaks volume about you. Of course, you're talking to the worlds largest "pack rat".

Believe it or not, I'm considering some serious downsizing. We're talking 300 plus stringed instruments, 20 or more vehicles, including planes and motorcycles, 30 plus keyboards, enough amplifiers top fill up a two car garage, hundreds antique and modern firearms, probably 30 watches....it's nearly hopeless.

It's so bad that, when I decided to give a good friend a nylon string guitar, it took me a month to choose from the 10 or so I had in the office. I made my selection, but really suffered for several days after I gave it to him, thinking I couldn't do without it (even though I hadn't played it for 5 years LOL).

Right now, I'm trying to decide what to do with the proceeds. If I can settle on a good cause to donate to, it will make the shedding of the extra stuff that now just seems silly and frivolous easier.

Hang in there!

Russ

#89410 - 11/17/10 03:41 PM Re: I need more balance in my life!

Thank You Russ!

Well there is VH1's Save the Music, Habitat for Humanity, Amnesty International, the Salvation Army.

It's the getting rid of stuff that people have a problem with. We are all guilty of it.

#89411 - 11/18/10 04:08 PM Re: I need more balance in my life!
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Tell me about it... I am an "accumulator", in lack of a better word in English, I have great trouble throwing things away, even sometimes giving things away.

We are talking "saving 3 feet of electrical cable and 2 used mains plugs in case I need them in the future", or "now, which 3 of those 15 old T-shirts should I give to charity" kind of person.

I don't consider myself clinically bad, but enough to notice. You should see my parents though... lol

#89412 - 11/18/10 05:49 PM Re: I need more balance in my life!

I sometimes wonder, if we do get this from our parents? My dad is able to part with stuff, but my mom, has a harder time. However she is working on it.

#89413 - 11/18/10 07:45 PM Re: I need more balance in my life!
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
My wife still has her training bra. Still fits, too.

chas

#89414 - 11/19/10 11:18 AM Re: I need more balance in my life!
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Chas-best news is YOU STILL NOTICE!

R.

#89415 - 11/19/10 12:15 PM Re: I need more balance in my life!

WOW!

#89416 - 11/19/10 01:29 PM Re: I need more balance in my life!
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
Chas-best news is YOU STILL NOTICE!

R.

That joke should be on TV!!!

#89417 - 11/19/10 03:48 PM Re: I need more balance in my life!

Removed the old sheets from my bed. Have temporary ones at the moment. Will buy new Brown sheets soon. Cleared the clutter out of my room. Slowing bringing some positive energy into the room. Lighting candles helps. Will replace light bulbs with lower wattage bulbs. Slept very well last night.

I still have a ways too go!

PEACE!

[This message has been edited by analogcontrolfreak (edited 11-19-2010).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online