SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#8901 - 09/22/10 11:17 AM hello from seattle!
jeffmusicx Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
hey there mates, I'd like to take a moment to introduce myself.

I'm Jeff living in Seattle. Music has been a passion of mine my entire life, through the hard times and the good. I played piano from age 6-11, trumpet and guitar from 11 on, and began playing around with some music production software at age 18. Now 25 years old, I Just recently picked up a Yamaha PSR-S910 keyboard as a graduation gift from college. I hope to hear from all of you and collaborate musical knowledge through this forum.

Best wishes,

jeff

#8902 - 09/22/10 07:54 PM Re: hello from seattle!
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI JEFF,
Welcome to the synthzone.
I started playing piano in 1937 in Anacortes, my home town and I am still playing keys. I also played trumpet through high school and in a couple of big bands.
best regards to you and hello to Seattle where I was in business for several years.
Bebop

#8903 - 09/30/10 01:51 PM Re: hello from seattle!
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Welcome, Jeff!

I bought my first arrangers from Petosa music in Seattle. At one time, they were a major supplier of electronic accordions and early arrangers (Soltons-the early versions of Ketron). Bought two MS-60's in the mid 90's and am still using them.

Are they still around? Joe Petosa was a good guy, and a friend of Tony Lovello-one of the original Three Suns (SONS)??-ancient music dudes. Tony ran a hotel I played in the 80's and is still active on the national accordion scene.

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 09-30-2010).]

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online