SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#88496 - 10/30/09 08:42 AM A Fabulous Call From Taike....
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
It took a couple of days to make the connection, but I am ever so elated to have spent part of the morning talking to Taike.

Due to weather problems, I couldn't reach him by phone (tried probably 25 times-always got a busy signil due to damaged lines and overloaded call volumes). He kindly called me this morning, and we could have spent many more hours talking (sorry for the big phone bill, friend).

Here is one of the kindest, most interesting people I've ever been in contact with. Over the years, I've become a big fan of his intellect, his world perspective of multiple pertinent issues, his dedication to his profession as a teacher, his generosity (he and his family support Monks on an on-going basis) and, of course his devotion to his beautiful, gentle wife, Nok and their precocious little three year old, Mapanoy...."da Dude". He is the definition of a real renaisance man.

Nok and Mapanoy are still in Laos, but will be joining Taike early next year.

I have the great honor of being invited to be an honorary part of this wonderful little family.

In a few minutes, I'm going to go to the frame shop to pick-up two fabulous paintings they sent me. One has special significance. It depicts 4 Monks walking from the back...signifying an on-going commitment this family (including me) has to offering on-going support and assistance to these devoted, revered leaders.

Taike is a fine teacher, and I've learned a lot from him, as I think we all can; particularly, his "world view" of the critical issues impacting humanity and his unwavering commitment to living a life guided by a keen sense of ethics and compassion.

But, most of all, he and his family are dear, valued lifetime friends. Over my practice piano, I have multiple photos of "da Dude". He's a real "charmer".

I'm so proud to be a little part of their lives.

Russ Silimasack

#88497 - 11/02/09 06:51 AM Re: A Fabulous Call From Taike....
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Hi Russ,

Don't worry about the phone bill. There are more important things to worry about. I just didn't want you to waste your time trying and trying to get connected and take it out on me later on.

Like I said in another thread, I am glad that we finally got to talk especially since you're now part of the family. If there's a next time, perhaps we can do it via MSN Messenger as you can talk there as well.

Nok will try to find a monk or novice who needs help with funding his education. Thank you for helping someone out, Russ. I've been doing it since I met Nok and it feels good to do something so meaningful and life-enriching.

You know that I feel kinda low being without Nok and Mapanoy. She'll be filing for the visa application this month. Sure was easier for me moving to Laos. All I had to do was show my passport and pay a fee and that was it: stay for as long as I wish. Anyway, we'll be back in Laos when Mapanoy starts attending school. Can't wait as I prefer Laos over Taiwan. It's quiet, laid back and not crowded. But neither do I want Mapanoy to grow up too fast.

I'll be sending you a message to your ebox this weekend. Lots of stuff on my mind.

And thank you for your kind words regarding Nok. Not only kind but also true words. Heck, I married her, didn't I? You're gonna love Mapanoy when you meet him. He'll keep you on your toes, though.

Regards

Taike

------------------
Bo pen nyang.

[This message has been edited by Taike (edited 11-02-2009).]

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online