SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#8846 - 06/02/09 07:44 AM Next Computer will be a Mac
analogcontrolfreak Offline

My mom, recently bought a Mac Notebook, and really loves it. I have been toying with the idea of replaceing my HP PC with a Mac Mini. They cost about $599, and are very small, and take up less desk space. Which is what I need. I also noticed that all macs now come with Garage Band Software, which is really cool. I may get back into music. The ironic thing is that, the first computer my parents had was an apple IIe, and then latter a Macintosh LC? However, I have not use a mac in almost 20+ years. I have been in a PC based enviornment. Although I love my PC, for me however, it just does not seem to fit my pesronality, where as a mac would.

Paul

#8847 - 06/02/09 08:00 AM Re: Next Computer will be a Mac
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
I work with PC's all day long but have always been a MAC fan. I'm a computer teacher and started with a lab full of IIE's and with kids using them all day the only thing that ever went wrong was the internal power supplies. Lab now has Dell's and I send a constant stream of repair requests to our Help Desk. I have an old EMac on my desk I use for all my personel stuff. The kids love it.
Got an IMAC for home last August and couldn't be happier. Check carefully, for the money the IMAC is a better preformer for your $$ than any other model. Also got a free HP printer/fax/copier AND a free ITouch. And as you said some good software built in.
Good luck
Bill NJ

#8848 - 06/02/09 08:06 AM Re: Next Computer will be a Mac

Thank You Bill.

Paul

#8849 - 06/02/09 10:26 AM Re: Next Computer will be a Mac
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
In the graphics business, Macs rule! While Macs and PC's are "supposed" to talk to each other, in some instances, they don't. Font's and column lengths change, making for real problems in the publishing business.

Here, we use Macs for all publishing projects and PC's for all data management (research analysis) projects.

Good luck. Rightr brainers (creatives-abstract thinkers) love Macs.

Russ

#8850 - 06/02/09 03:36 PM Re: Next Computer will be a Mac

That's Me.

I was looking at an i-mac at best buy. Very nice machine. Large monitor as well.

Paul

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online