SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#88415 - 09/17/09 10:32 AM Now for a little levity
124 Offline

After reading Russ' saddening post, I thought we might use a little levity.

Seamus, Paddy and Mick are sitting in their favourite harbourside pub over a few pints of porter when Mick says, "Ye know boys, I've been a fisherman all me life and now that I'm getting up there in years I've been thinking about things, and I've decided that when I go, I want yese all to bury me at sea."
"Ah, we will that," nod Seamus and Paddy in agreement.

So the sad day comes and Mick passes away and, with great sadness, Seamus and Paddy dutifully load Mick's coffin into the boat. Some prayers are said and Seamus rows away from the dock.

After five minutes or so, Seamus says to Paddy, "Right, Paddy, over the side you go to see if we're deep enough yet." Paddy jumps over the side but the water's only up to his knees. "We have to go further out Seamus," he says. So another ten minutes of hard rowing and now they're well out from shore. "Over the side again then, Paddy," gasps Seamus. So in goes Paddy again and disappears under the water for about 40 seconds. When he finally surfaces Seamus says, "Jaysus, Paddy, I thought I was going to be burying the two of yese. We must be deep enough by now, then?"

"Oh, yes," replies Paddy, "hand me the shovel."

#88416 - 09/17/09 12:19 PM Re: Now for a little levity
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Enjoyed that....just what's needed.

Thanks,

Russ

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online