SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#88326 - 08/31/09 07:53 AM Let's be thankful
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.

#88327 - 08/31/09 10:36 AM Re: Let's be thankful
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Great, positive attitude!

R.

#88328 - 08/31/09 05:55 PM Re: Let's be thankful
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Hi Taike,
You are a great philosopher. For those of us whose birthday was way in the past, it is a good way to look at life.
Ray
PS. Incidently, I was impressed with your post on Chinese (and others)sayings. They are so simple, but true.

------------------
Ray The Saint

#88329 - 08/31/09 10:37 PM Re: Let's be thankful
Taike Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by The Saint:
Hi Taike,
You are a great philosopher. For those of us whose birthday was way in the past, it is a good way to look at life.
Ray
PS. Incidently, I was impressed with your post on Chinese (and others)sayings. They are so simple, but true.

Thanks, Russ and Ray.

The quote isn't by me but by Buddha. So much for me being a philosopher.Ha! Ha!

I do have a heap of my own quotes and there's one -not really a quote -I made it up at spur of the moment in a kindergarten class years ago: "Even, even, 7-eleven!" which has somehow become very popular in schools all over Taiwan. I made it up because the game we were playing ended in a draw. If I'd known about its eventual popularity I would've copyrighted it. Couple of million down the drain! Ha! Ha!

Like I said in a previous quote, I have a weakness for quotes, sayings and proverbs and I especially like those by Buddha and Native-Americans. Perhaps (my love for quotes by Buddha)is because I'm a Buddhist but mostly because I love the simplicity of them although the message is very deep.

Here's two of my own:

A man loved by his wife and child(ren)is a wealthy man.

Appreciate your wife and she won't make demands.

(I always let my wife know how much I appreciate her. The returns are manifold. You can't love what you don't appreciate, right?)

Regards

Taike

#88330 - 09/01/09 09:28 AM Re: Let's be thankful
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Nok is a treasure. She desereves the love and companionship of her husband and "da Dude"!

R

#88331 - 09/01/09 04:08 PM Re: Let's be thankful
Taike Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
Nok is a treasure. She desereves the love and companionship of her husband and "da Dude"!
R

So true, Russ.

Women...I can do without them...except this one. Same like you feel about your Annie, eh Russ? Nok really is the most undemanding person I've ever met. Although she's my wife, she'll always be my girlfriend.

I tease her all the time:

Taike: I've met this amazingly beautiful girl. I'm in love!
Nok: Who? When? Where?
Taike: Well, actually you know her quite well. We met a while ago and she lives around here.
Nok: Around here? Tell me, who is it? What did you two do?
Taike: Like I said, you know her. She's my girlfriend.
Nok: What? Your girlfriend? You're so bad!
Taike: Don't be upset, darling. I married her after all.
Nok: (silent for a while)...Hey, that's ME! You tricked me again!

Works every time. LMAO

Isn't it amazing -with a couple billion of women around- you end up with the one that's meant for you? One has more chance of winning the jackpot.

"Da Dude"...that's another story! Ha! Ha! By the way, that boy is running all the time and the other day he literally fell on his nose. Cried for a while which broke my heart. It hurts seeing him cry. Then he got up and started running again.

Taike

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online