SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#8807 - 12/26/08 12:16 PM MIDI Files
teuchter Offline

Loc: Portsmouth, Hampshire, UK
I am new to this so you will have to bear with me. I have a Casio LK-93TV Keyboard and I have downloaded some MIDI files from the net onto a SMART Media card. Once downloaded I checked if they had text (which they have) and I have converted them to format 0 which is compatible with my keyboard. All files play on the keyboard but when I connect it up to the TV to use as karaoke only one file works with the text appearing as per a karaoki machine. It all works fine with the files I received on the SMART media card I got when I bought the keyboard so I know it works fine.

Can anyone direct me to a site when I can download free MIDI files that will work for me. It must have something to do with the files

Any help would be appreciated

G

#8808 - 01/18/09 03:38 AM Re: MIDI Files
MORPH! Offline

Loc: Laguna Beach, California, Unit...
Hey yeah therez a ton of places (well i mean a lot since bytes dont weight too much (do they even weigh at all?) that might be exagerating)
midifarm is one and there a lot that is shared also that is perfectly legal. usually ones with some kind of payload are a bit better. elaborate classic pieces for example just dont come in 10K packages. Well, youll see. Make sure you scan everything btw just to be safe

best to ya

#8809 - 01/19/09 07:51 AM Re: MIDI Files
teuchter Offline

Cheers Morph.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post. I have had a look at midi farm but I can't login because during the registration process I am unable to enter my country because of a problem with the form and this in am mandatory field so I am unable to register. Secondly there does not seem to be any files listed but it may be that I have to log in to see them. Any thoughts

G

#8810 - 01/21/09 09:32 AM Re: MIDI Files
--Mac Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia, USA
Pick any country on the list and log in.
"Keep listening. Never become so self-important that you can't listen to other players. Live cleanly....Do right....You can improve as a player by improving as a person. It's a duty we owe to ourselves." --John Coltrane

"You don't know what you like, you like what you know. In order to know what you like, you have to know everything." --Branford Marsalis

#8811 - 01/23/09 03:24 AM Re: MIDI Files
teuchter Offline

That is the problem it is not allowing me to seclect anything. There are not countries list ed

G

#8812 - 01/24/09 10:57 AM Re: MIDI Files
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online