SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#8798 - 11/27/08 12:54 AM Virtual Synth Usage
persuasion Offline

hi got a dell latitude laptop with imposcar, wavestation etc and a midiman 2 in 2 out midiinterface, i can control 1 virtual synth from my controller keyboard but is it possible to control another virtual synth from another controller at the same time and if so how? any help would be most appreciated

#8799 - 11/29/08 08:41 PM Re: Virtual Synth Usage
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
If you want to use multiple software synths at the same time then using them as standalone applications just isn't very practical. It can be done but it involves using a different set of MIDI and audio drivers for every individual software synth you open. There are also some freeware utilities that let you share a single audio or MIDi driver between multiple applications but I really don't recommend using them with something like software synths.

Instead what you want to do is get a hold of any sequencer/ host application that allows you to run multiple instances of software synths and effects as plugins. I highly recommend Sonar. Very generous on features and incredibly easy to use. Just insert your soft synths as VST or dxi plugins and setup your MIDI input devices any way you want. Patch them to different soft synths, layer soft synths or whatever have you.

Having said that if you ever get a brand new Mac for your birthday then pick up a copy of Logic Studio. Just doesn't get any better.

good luck,

[This message has been edited by 3351 (edited 12-01-2008).]

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online