SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#87995 - 12/31/08 09:11 AM Re: Pray for peace in the Middle East..
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
It's a good topic, but I agree the Bar is more appropriate for it. Sure we go off topic a lot on the arranger forum, but some topics are quite sensitive to some members. Topics like Religion can quickly go downhill..., you then add politics to it and BAM you got yourself one massive crap shoot. Again.., it's a good post, but probaby better placed in the Bar.

Now if one of those missles hits my gear.., then it's on! Until then I say keep it at the level of "Bar Talk".
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#87996 - 12/31/08 09:39 AM Re: Pray for peace in the Middle East..
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
The Vatican came out and condemned Israel's attacks on Lebanon ... which is great, because all along the Jews and Muslims were asking, 'What do the Catholics think?'

Religion professes peace but it always turns out to have a dominant part in any war that is going or contemplated.

Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer.

Prayer allows you to do nothing and still think you're helping.

If you still want to do the prayer thingy, why not have a prayer meeting The Bar?

#87997 - 12/31/08 10:25 AM Re: Pray for peace in the Middle East..
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
The Vatican came out and condemned Israel's attacks on Lebanon ... which is great, because all along the Jews and Muslims were asking, 'What do the Catholics think?'

Religion professes peace but it always turns out to have a dominant part in any war that is going or contemplated.

Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer.

Prayer allows you to do nothing and still think you're helping.

If you still want to do the prayer thingy, why not have a prayer meeting The Bar?

We get it! You are a non believer.....Its ok. Allow us the "weakness" of our "fantasy" and "Imaginary friend." Why even open the thread? To antagonize believers? I don;t understand why those who believe they are simply biologically random functions with no purpose, despise any open or public thought to the contrary and enjoy trampling on another's pain through ridicule and man's infinitesimal logic and understanding.
Amazing.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#87998 - 12/31/08 10:31 AM Re: Pray for peace in the Middle East..
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
We get it! You are a non believer.....Its ok.

Why thank you, Frog...how kind of you to let me have my own non-beliefs.

Just to show I'm not entirely without compassion for your weakness(or strength...depends how you look at it I guess), here is a prayer just for you:

Insofar as I may be heard by anything, which may or may not care what I say, I ask, if it matters, that you be forgiven for anything you may have done or failed to do which requires forgiveness. Conversely, if not forgiveness but something else may be required to insure any possible benefit for which you may be eligible after the destruction of your body, I ask that this, whatever it may be, be granted or withheld, as the case may be, in such a manner as to insure your receiving said benefit. I ask this in my capacity as your elected intermediary between yourself and that which may not be yourself, but which may have an interest in the matter of your receiving as much as it is possible for you to receive of this thing, and which may in some way be influenced by this ceremony. Amen.

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 12-31-2008).]

#87999 - 12/31/08 11:29 AM Re: Pray for peace in the Middle East..
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Kingfrog...AMEN!!!

BTW: I could never understand the big problem with off topics....I don't believe this group (site) was designed as a information/help group only..

I have always viewed it as a place where friends and rivals meet....sure there are helpful post..also console posts...request and thanks post...I think you understand what I am saying..

An example...if the same folks visited me at my home...Would I send different folks into different rooms..depending on the conversation getting away from arranger keyboards?

Of course not...as most people here are long time members and know each other pretty well, why do we need the separation for off topic discussions..It doesn't work that way when I am with friends...even though we disagree on things..it still is okay to discuss our views...without being sent to the bath room..

#88000 - 12/31/08 11:55 AM Re: Pray for peace in the Middle East..
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Faith may lead to inner peace, but opposing faiths is the recipe for never ending conflict... It's when God is on BOTH sides that things get ugly.

How true.

It is not skeptics or explorers, but fanatics and ideologues who menace decency and progress.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

#88001 - 12/31/08 12:34 PM Re: Pray for peace in the Middle East..
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Maybe we should start by just praying for peace on Synthzone. Once we accomplish that, we can move on to the middle east. I'll start.

I forgive you Fran.

chas

.....on second thought

#88002 - 12/31/08 12:35 PM Re: Pray for peace in the Middle East..
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Deleted because on reflection I thought it was a bit harsh.

Peace is the word not conflict.

Dennis

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 12-31-2008).]

#88003 - 12/31/08 12:37 PM Re: Pray for peace in the Middle East..
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Maybe we should start by just praying for peace on Synthzone. Once we accomplish that, we can move on to the middle east. I'll start.

I forgive you Fran.

Chas,

I forgive you for forgiving Fran.
Ian

#88004 - 12/31/08 12:41 PM Re: Pray for peace in the Middle East..
ianmcnll Offline

Edited because the response was no longer relevant.

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 12-31-2008).]

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online