SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#87955 - 12/29/08 02:09 PM Pray for peace in the Middle East..
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
What has seemed like a never ending conflict in the Middle East between Israel and Palestine is now escalating again. Israel has been pounded with missiles on and off since 2001 from the Palestinians and now Israel has decided they've had enough and vow to fight "until the bitter end". Unless the Palestinians cease their barrage of rockets into Israel the fighting is going to apparently continue until the rocket fire stops from the Palestinian side, according to government sources in Israel.

This is indeed a sad scenario, and no matter how you look at it, it is a tragedy in the making for both sides. Palestine needs to recognize Israel's right to exist as a Nation, and Israel must do everything in its power to coexist peacefully with the Palestinians. Which is easier said then done, as witnessed by the continual fighting and animosity between them. Please pray for peace in the Middle East and especially now with this current uprising happening between Israel and Palestine.

From what I understand, the president of Palestine is trying to broker peace with Israel but the Hamas in Palestine is trying to hamper and suppress any peace deal. As long as Hamas is in control the situation looks grim for any lasting peace deal. I believe Israel is well aware of that fact and has ultimately had to resort to force to try and subdue Hamas' influence in the region which is resulting in this blood bath. Israel has the right to defend themselves of course, but this blood bath could have been averted in the first place if Hamas hadn't perpetrated the violence to begin with by firing the rockets into Israel near the Gaza strip region. Hopefully it will be resolved between the two of them quickly and peace will be restored to the region. Lasting peace is my hope too, instead of the temporary cease fires and so called truces we have witnessed on an ongoing basis for years between the two of them.

All the best,
Mike

#87956 - 12/29/08 03:07 PM Re: Pray for peace in the Middle East..
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
This should be moved to the bar.

Anyway, there may be a simpler solution for them, even simpler than prayer. US can simply withdraw monetary and moral support from Israel. About 5 picoseconds later, everyone around will jump on Israel. Israel releases its nukes, and next day, the sun will shine on one gigantic glass parking lot, where Israel, Palestine, Syria, Jordan et al used to exist. About 2-3 weeks later, I will post my last words on Synthzone, while slowly dying from radiation poisoning. Problem solved.

#87957 - 12/29/08 03:10 PM Re: Pray for peace in the Middle East..
Dnj Offline

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-29-2008).]

#87958 - 12/29/08 03:12 PM Re: Pray for peace in the Middle East..
Dnj Offline

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-29-2008).]

#87959 - 12/29/08 03:30 PM Re: Pray for peace in the Middle East..
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Considering Israel were "given" this land by the USA and the UK in 1947, with no more evidence than spurious passages in a book predominantly written by the jewish people, I reckon they should show more gratitude that they even have a "homeland".

And now they (Israel) are unilaterally deciding the people of Palestine need to be put in their kennel yet again with this latest "declaration of war", and disgusting barrage of rocket attacks.

I agree with a previous comment that ALL foreign aid and funding to Israel should cease, permanently...Let them see how they go without the military support (covert) of the USA.

Whilst I STRONGLY disagree with the Palestinian methods (ie the terror and violence et al) , I can certainly understand their cause.

After all how would you guys feel if two or more foreign countries decided arbitrarily to give the state of Washington for example, to some people who had no hard evidence apart from word of mouth, but claimed it was theirs.

You would be upset, and rightly so.

I think people need to re-visit where this all started, why it started, who actually caused it and then maybe show a little more empathy.

I will probably be castigated for these views, as this is predominantly a U.S forum but I don't really care.

Dennis

#87960 - 12/29/08 04:03 PM Re: Pray for peace in the Middle East..
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
They have been at it for 3,000 years...don't think it will stop anytime soon. They hate each other...how do you fix that?

Would be great to see peace there for sure.

Lee

#87961 - 12/29/08 04:36 PM Re: Pray for peace in the Middle East..
hitman Offline

Loc: VA/ USA
@ Miden,

I agree with you 100%. Most people will just repeat the crap that they hear on CNN, without even bothering to uncover the cause of the conflict.

#87962 - 12/29/08 04:56 PM Re: Pray for peace in the Middle East..
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by miden:

After all how would you guys feel if two or more foreign countries decided arbitrarily to give the state of Washington for example, to some people who had no hard evidence apart from word of mouth, but claimed it was theirs.

Dennis

Yo, all you Native Americans take note.

Actually, it's okay Dennis, as long as you 'DISCOVER' it.

In fact, I think I'm gonna go out and 'discover' a nice new Mercedes S-class.

chas

#87963 - 12/29/08 05:20 PM Re: Pray for peace in the Middle East..
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Hey Chas,
Nah, that's not what I meant.

There is PLENTY of hard evidence the North American Indians were there prior to white settlement/invasion. Same as our aboriginal people, plenty of evidence.

And btw I was NOT criticising the USA or it's population in general, not at all. Apologies if it came across that way.

We all know political decisions are made all the time that have NO relevance to what the general population want/need.

Dennis

#87964 - 12/29/08 05:56 PM Re: Pray for peace in the Middle East..
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
Hey Chas,
Nah, that's not what I meant.

There is PLENTY of hard evidence the North American Indians were there prior to white settlement/invasion. Same as our aboriginal people, plenty of evidence.

And btw I was NOT criticising the USA or it's population in general, not at all. Apologies if it came across that way.

We all know political decisions are made all the time that have NO relevance to what the general population want/need.

Dennis

Until God shows Himself again where those in power are not afraid to lose their political power through faith, there will never be peace. Israelites chose not to believe Isiah the prophet 2000 years ago and have paid ever since. Muslims don;t want the decadence of the US moral code of "anything goes" because many suddenly shout "there is no Creator" to spread throughout their people and will die to keep it so.

The Jewish are still waiting for their "Savior" who has come and gone yet they cannot possibly fulfill all the laws and sacrificial ritual of the Old Testament as God demanded in today's world that God sent Jesus to deem unnecessary.

No there will never be peace and the US population is slowly losing patience with the saving of Israel as they lose faith in any God which many jokingly claim an "imaginary friend" seems rather odd to me because they vote mostly on the side of liberalism in this country. Liberals would just as soon keep our noses out of anything amiss in the Middle east or religion at all!

Prayers won't help. FAITH is the key to peace

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 12-30-2008).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online