SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#8795 - 11/24/08 08:10 AM I really need some help!!!!
BG Eagle Offline

Loc: Birmingham., AL, USA
Thanks to BBBB for his response to my previous post. As I stated in that post, I want to do some casual performing with my two granddaughters(ages 10 and 7). I play a bit of acoustic guitar, a little piano and I'm working on the fiddle. I'm really not great on any of them. I've been thinking about something along the lines of a Yamaha PSR 900. I'm especially interested in the Music Finder and Digital Music Notebook systems and the direct internet connection that would seem to allow you to quickly set up a song for performance. If I spend the money, I want to be fairly certain the keyboard will do what I'm expecting. You guys who are already into this, please give me some feedback. Thanks.

#8796 - 11/24/08 09:47 AM Re: I really need some help!!!!
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Everyone knows that I'm not a fan of Yamaha arrangers for myself, but, in this case, the 900 would not be a bad choice. Lots of available styles and help from users here and other places.

Price is good, and the final product is good enough for lots of people to work and get paid.

It seems to me that it would be a good first arranger, since the learning curve is shorter than on some of the other brands, and still be good enough so you won't quickly grow out of it.

And, slightly off topic, but my grandson is my part-time drummer, and my son is my bass player. It really can't get much better than that. Music is a great thing to do with family.

I'd GO FOR IT!

R.

#8797 - 11/24/08 11:50 PM Re: I really need some help!!!!
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Also check out the General Arranger Keyboard forum here at http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdi...Forum&number=37 which is much more focused on arranger keyboards like the PSR range.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online