SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#8782 - 11/16/08 06:10 PM Roland GW-7 Tuning Help
Justsamantha05 Offline

Ok I asked this on another forum and they were really rude saying I should know.. I'm new at this so please be nice
I'm trying to tune my keyboard a half step down. I'm playing along with a guitar player who plays everything a half step down. My roland gw-7 only goe's down to 427.4 I was told it should be 415.30 on another forum. But like I said mine doesn't go down that low. So I think I'm doing something wrong.. Any help especially anyone that knows about the gw-7 would be greatly appreciated

#8783 - 11/24/08 05:14 AM Re: Roland GW-7 Tuning Help
paracelcus Offline

Loc: lexington, ky, USA
I'm not entirely for sure, but there ought to be an option to allow you to transpose the keyboard up to a whole octave without having to do the tuning manually (unless your tuning and your guitar player's are different), so you ought to be able to tell it to transpose down just a step in the same fashion. i know that works with most other roland boards (atleast their digital pianos), but i can't swear on it with the gw-7.

i think i remember seeing a gw-7 at my shop. if it's still there later today i'll check it out.

#8784 - 11/24/08 06:56 PM Re: Roland GW-7 Tuning Help
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Yes.., what you want to do is "transpose" your GW-7 to match your guitar player. The GW-7 will transpose +12 and -12 semi-tones.

However, the GW-7 doesn't have dedicated buttons to transpose on the panel itself. This parameter should be under the FUNCTION button. Press the FUNCTION button (this is the button to the right of the EFFECTS button). There should be numerous system settings you can change under the FUNCTION button.., and transposing is one of them.

Also..., you'll probably find more help on the General Arranger forum on the SynthZone (because the GW-7 is an arranger keyboard). Huge group of guys/gals there.., and some own the GW-7.., and some store owners who are also regular posters there sell it too. Good luck.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#8785 - 11/24/08 11:47 PM Re: Roland GW-7 Tuning Help
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Yep you should definately use the transpose function rather than the tuning to achieve transposition. And like Squeak said the General Arranger forum here at http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdi...Forum&number=37 is the best place here to get info on arranger keyboards like the GW-7.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online