SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#87242 - 02/16/08 01:27 PM Successful young friend...
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I've talked about Zack Brock the son of a trumpet player/friend of mine here in Lexington. He plays jazz violin. Jack is working jobs with Stanley Clarke and may be with Stanley, Chick, Al DiMiola and (don't know the drummer) in the reincarnation of Return to Forever. I saw the last performance of Return to Frever herew in Lexington in 1976 at Memorial Hall...awsome!

I'm really proud of this talented, hard-working kid. If you get a chance, Google him.

Just sent him a chicken hat...he'll LOVE it!

Russ

#87243 - 02/16/08 04:59 PM Re: Successful young friend...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Russ ... that's wonderful ... it's great to see young talent emerge, but it is something really special when you know the person ... http://www.zachbrock.com/
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 02-16-2008).]

#87244 - 02/17/08 10:47 PM Re: Successful young friend...
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
He plays jazz violin. Jack is working jobs with Stanley Clarke and may be with Stanley, Chick, Al DiMiola and (don't know the drummer) in the reincarnation of Return to Forever.
Russ

Actually the drummer is Lenny White. RTF have always been my favorite band of all time. What an honor for Zack to play with those guys. He must really be hot. I've seen Jean Luc Ponty play with Stan and Al so Zack must be a great player to fill those shoes.

I will definately be catching them when they go on tour. What a blast. Thanks so much for letting us know about this reunion. The prospect of hearing tunes from Romantic Warrior played live really excites me.

#87245 - 02/18/08 09:16 AM Re: Successful young friend...
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
My favorite all-time group as well, Nigel. And I know of Lenny White...damn these senior moments! At the concert in the 70's, the first half was electric. Then came a delightful acoustic set...DiMiola on Ovation and Stanley on Upright with an Underwood pick-up...went right out and bought one. Then, they blew the roof off with a closing electric set..the last live performance of RTF. I'll get to one of the upcoming performance; especially if Zack is on stage.

Zack is DA MAN!

R.

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 02-18-2008).]

#87246 - 02/18/08 01:52 PM Re: Successful young friend...
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
And Russ if you haven't already seen the "Rite Of Strings" DVD it really is worth watching. Netflix have it. It is Jean Luc Ponty on violin, Al Dimeola on Ovation acoustic and Stanley Clarke on upright bass. An awesome concert that has been very well filmed and recorded. A must see.

What a trio.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online