SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#869 - 03/19/03 02:41 AM Music Prod. Computer Frontier, Input requested
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is there such a thing, or is it an open market? Aside from companies like Atari and the like, I don't know of any company or value added reseller that manufactures computers specifically designed for turn key production and post production of music files. I am even considering an investment into the realm once the 64 bit format has arrived to a safe landing. ANY input including advice at this point is certainly appreciated.
MORPH!

#870 - 03/22/03 03:34 AM Re: Music Prod. Computer Frontier, Input requested
Anonymous
Unregistered

Geese, get me the fire extinguisher for the folder! hey all, not all at once, take turns

#871 - 03/22/03 05:10 AM Re: Music Prod. Computer Frontier, Input requested
Cloakboy Offline

Loc: Racine, Wisconsin USA
If you're talking about computer workstations designed for music production, yes they exist, and I see ads for them in Electronic Musician magazine.

But that might not be what you're talking about, because I never know what you're talking about.

#872 - 04/02/03 12:02 AM Re: Music Prod. Computer Frontier, Input requested
Anonymous
Unregistered

"But that might not be what you're talking about, because I never know what you're talking about."
Enough now.
Was that nessessary? Was I that vauge? Where?
I re-read my post several times. What is not understandable about it?
About a week ago I opened a new thread. Like this new thread, I wish I never opened it now.
I might have joked around like many do about Saddam or others outside of this BBS, but I would never tell someone on the board they are not understandable; that they make no sense; that they're high something. I am respectful. As I have in the past, I might ask them to rephrase themselves. If no one thinks I am understabable, and some say in reply that they never know what I'm talking about or that I must be high on glue, I'm made to feel like a fool to say anything at all.
So here I am, removed from the same purpose everyone has here. To contribute. What does that leave me?
Of course this entry is a waste from your preclude that you never know what I'm talking about. As it was said, maybe I'm just high on glue again. huh?

#873 - 04/02/03 12:51 AM Re: Music Prod. Computer Frontier, Input requested
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Smells a bit like glue to me. If you are holding off buying digital audio gear until it supports 64 bit then you can forget thinking about it for the next decade. 24 bit at 96/192Khz is more than acceptable. Use it as it becomes standard now. You may be dead by the time 64 bit is standard. And given the limitations of human hearing the difference may well be not be even perceptable.

#874 - 04/02/03 01:48 AM Re: Music Prod. Computer Frontier, Input requested
Anonymous
Unregistered

I referred the 64 bit to the proccessing packet size. Windows XP is now available in 64 bit (verses the current standard 32 bit)
Of course I don't think anyone could determine audible differences beyond 32 bit. I cant hear any difference between 20 and 24 even. I was purely referring to the data proccessing bit rate (proccessing chunks of 64 bits at a time), not the audio resolution bit rate.
No glue here.
The only thing I get high on is Christ!

#875 - 04/02/03 02:31 AM Re: Music Prod. Computer Frontier, Input requested
MRT1212 Offline

Loc: Foster City
seriously though morph, you should work on writing in a way people can understand, rather than a stream of conciousness which is mindboggling hard to follow...

#876 - 04/02/03 03:41 AM Re: Music Prod. Computer Frontier, Input requested
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the suggestion. Being humble, I step down and accept it. I will try harder for my words to be easier understood. A demoting remark can be a justified one that I can work with.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online