SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#86778 - 07/30/05 08:07 AM Karaoke with Video background?
Spruce Goose Offline

Loc: Hamilton, Ohio
I am looking for Karaoke songs that not only have the words but I also like it when a video plays in the background. I need these songs so I can mute the voice for regular Karaoke, or use the voice when people just want to sing along.

I know there are the VCD formats but I also heard that DVD formats have background video but I don't see this as true. Every sample I see with DVD only has the words? So I am a little confused.

Which format should I stick with for video AND words? Also, where is the best possible place to purchase these formats online? I am trying to get the professional sounding song also. Are they just remade or are the songs the actual recording? Anyone know anything about Karaoke music and which is best?

Thanks!!

#86779 - 08/02/05 04:36 AM Re: Karaoke with Video background?
Spruce Goose Offline

Loc: Hamilton, Ohio
BTW, this is for my home use. I am not a great musician like most of you and my family has fun with this stuff. This is not something I would do for income, no way!

So, if there is anyone out there with any experience that is willing to give me some insight please let me know ok?

Thanks again.

[This message has been edited by Spruce Goose (edited 08-02-2005).]

#86780 - 08/04/05 10:51 PM Re: Karaoke with Video background?
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Sorry, but Karaoke is something that has no chance here in Germany because we have so many musicians with their selfmade music. Our culture is longing for real events with real musicians who are playing real life...

But I saw a karaoke system in a "Spielothek" (a shop where you can play with slot machines - something like a gambler's shop). This system used karaoke videos in which you could read the text right in that moment when the lines began.
I thought it's a little bit crazy to not show the text earlier because I need some time to read. So, I could never start with the music in line. What a great rip!!!! Don't use karaoke systems!!!!!!!!!!
I would say that this system had cost more than 10,000.- bucks!!! But though I know there must exist such videos you've mentioned...

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 08-04-2005).]

#86781 - 08/05/05 06:49 AM Re: Karaoke with Video background?
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Okay like cool!
At first I thought that it was just another poor and naive soul looking for some majical gadget capable of removing vocals out of any mp3 file.
I find folks like that here and there. LOL

I have to go with what Sheriff said. THey are useless and expensive machines. Made for drunk minds for entertainment purposes of some sort.

IF those videos you've mentioned do exist they definitely exist somewhere in different forums...

Okay okay! I'm just kidding. I don't even know much about karaoke actually. Never really got to use one. Always had a band with me.

-ED-

#86782 - 08/15/05 04:03 PM Re: Karaoke with Video background?
StPatrick Offline

Loc: Bentonville, VA USA
prosing.com has tons of karaoke discs and equipment and are pretty low priced. they also are the biggest u.s. dealer. if you want the blue background with the text on the screen that changes colors as you sing you want CDG discs. If you mean actual videos with people in them and also text that changes colors you are probably out of luck--they were laser discs usually by Pioneer that fell out of vogue about 7 years ago.
a cheaper and easier solution for home/recreational use is to get .KAR files, which are midi with lyrics embedded and get a free karaoke computer program. do a search for ".KAR" or computer based karaoke and you should be able to get some info.

#86783 - 08/15/05 04:13 PM Re: Karaoke with Video background?
StPatrick Offline

Loc: Bentonville, VA USA
Here is a site with TONS of info re computer karaoke
http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/win95/KARAOKE/

#86784 - 08/15/05 09:08 PM Re: Karaoke with Video background?
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Germany must be a wonderful place. Imagine that. No karaoke. Do all you can to keep it that way, Sheriff. It sure has infested North America in a bad way.

The irony is that while karaoke (which is totally fake) is popular here, omb's, in general, are not. I think this has something to do with the fact that many people somehow see them as less than genuine musicians because their playing is 'automatically assisted' by an arranger keyboard.

Now, as you say, omb's are quite acceptable over there and karaoke is not. We can only hope that sort of progressive thinking will come to pass here one of these fine days. But North America will have to get over guitars first. Don't hold your breath on that one.

[This message has been edited by renig (edited 08-16-2005).]

[This message has been edited by renig (edited 08-16-2005).]

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online