SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#862 - 05/09/02 05:59 AM help with digital pianos
geistATL Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
i have played the piano for about 4 years but i stopped playing for several years when i moved away from home to go to school and i would like to get back into it so i was recently looking into getting a digital piano. i went and tried out a couple of them today a roland mp 300, and a casio ap40 celviano. out of the two i thought the roland had the nicer sound but the casio had the nicer feel, the keys seemed heavier.

well i was just looking on the net and found several models other than the ones i got to try and was wondering if anyone had any input on these and what the costs of them are. the Casio AP-65R, Roland HP 557R, Roland KR 577, Korg EC320.

also the casio ap 65r i cant seem to find anywhere on the net for sale. is it a newer model? or an older model? and what is the difference between the two roland keyboards.

thanks for any help if you guys know of a another forum that might be able to better give me advice please point me in the right direction.

#863 - 05/09/02 06:49 AM Re: help with digital pianos
Leon Offline

Loc: British Columbia
geisATL...
First off.... what's your budget??
How much are you wanting to spend.

There's a lot of good makes and models out there, weighted keys, the whole nine yards.

Put a call out for "Uncle Dave".
I spoke with him a while back...and this is just a suggestion...
Korg SP100 or SP200

I'm using an SP100, and she does me just fine, for what I particularly want.

Whatever your choice...Good Luck!!

#864 - 05/09/02 06:55 AM Re: help with digital pianos
geistATL Offline

budget is prolly around 5k.

also with a standard midi interface can i expand the number of sounds i would be able to use? like the casio didnt have the greatest sounds but would i be able to use midi to get better piano sounds?

#865 - 05/09/02 07:05 AM Re: help with digital pianos
tekminus Offline

With a budget like that I'd get a maxed out Kurzweil K2600. I'm not an expert on piano sounds, but Kurzweil has some very decent libraries.

Just for fun, check out the Nord Electro.
It has an acoustic grand among all the electric pianos and hammonds.

-tek

#866 - 05/09/02 07:36 AM Re: help with digital pianos
geistATL Offline

im not sure which model kurzweil i tried. but i think it was that one and i didnt like the feel of the keys. plus i really want something that has all 3 pedals. and id rather not have wires running all over to little attachment pedals.

#867 - 05/09/02 04:08 PM Re: help with digital pianos
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Yamaha, Roland, Korg, Solton,Technics, Kurzweil - they all make console models that fall into your budget. That home market is out of my reach - check with George Kaye at
kayeland@aol.com

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online