SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#85810 - 05/06/07 04:39 AM Interesting comparison question
born2die Offline

Loc: england
ok i am looking at either a good kn6500 or a new pa50 but how do they compare

Whilst I understand that the voices and performance syles will be more modern but on bang for the buck how do they stack up. Ie is there anything bar the drawbars that is present on the 6500 that is'nt on the pa50.

I am looking at either of these boards to get me back into arranger style playing and to use as a workstation for modern pop and rock from the 60's to todays so called pop. I will be using the board mainly at home to start with then looking to going out as a omb in the future.

What is important is the piano sound as I will be using a fatar master board to controll the piano sounds. I know that this is possible but would it be possible to use the fatar controler to use the piano sound whilst the sequencer on either the kn or pa is playing and then say use another voice ie guitar on the kn or pa. also I know that the kn has a pianist mode but does the pa50 also if I was using the fatar again to control either board would it be possible for my playing on the fatar to trigger the auto acompniment.

many thanks

tristian

#85811 - 05/06/07 10:10 AM Re: Interesting comparison question
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
The two keyboards you are asking about are both good but offer different options and the differences are to large to list. Choice is all personal as we all require different things from our keyboards which helps to narrow done our choices.

I have a Korg Pa50 & PSR3000. In fact they are both going in par-ex for the new Pa800 tomorrow.

Keep in mind that the Korg is a current model. Yes,the Pa has a Piano Full Keyboard mode as well as bass inversion and bass solo option below the adjustable split. I know which of the two I would pick, but that's another story and only my opinion.

[This message has been edited by Graham UK (edited 05-06-2007).]

[This message has been edited by Graham UK (edited 05-06-2007).]

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online