SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#85761 - 08/18/05 05:47 AM Help, ED!
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
My Windows PC has gone over the Jordan!!!
Now, I have no email system! So, this is the only way to talk with you for the next two months!
I'll visit this thread from time to time for conversation. Please, do not write emails any longer as long as this problem isn't solved!
I'm using my Risc PC to reach the bar...

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#85762 - 08/18/05 06:59 AM Re: Help, ED!
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
See, I tried to help but you don't take Macs...
Hey,
What exactly happened to your PC? Fried beyond repairs?
Well, you've solved many other problems so I'm pretty sure you'll handle this one too.

Now,posting here is okay by me.

Another alternative would be to register with Yahoo, Hotmail, GMX, Gmail etc (you probably know them all). Setup a mailbox big enough (it is free for anyone who registers as you know ( and will be even able to exchange mp3 and MIDI Data.

Anyway, keep me posted.

-ED-

[This message has been edited by 3351 (edited 08-18-2005).]

#85763 - 08/19/05 01:52 AM Re: Help, ED!
Sheriff Offline

I'm not using any email system on my Risc PC because I don't know how these programs are working. I'm really wondering that the browser I'm using is stabil enough to cooperate with the SynthZone.
This OS has no security options! So, they can't often interact with other network systems like servers. I hate those security rules because they are doing a really bad job...

Well, I played a game on my Windows system and...*plop*...suddenly the sreen was black and all lights on and in the computer has gone off. I think it is the power supply (a 400 watt supply!!!). It was only one and a half year old and...*snip*...it died!
I'm just thinking about stop working with any PC. I hate this hardware because it's soooo ensufficient. I don't know any other computer in such a bad shape. They all wanna make money...that's all!!! But if they want to do so then they should make a better job. I think today's engineers have no answers anymore - they are stupid people!!!

At least I've sent you an email about my last gig. I didn't receive any answer by you before my PC crashed. Well, on next saturday I'm gigging again but this time maybe in front of 2,000 people!!! It's gigantic!!!
I've organized a bassman for the RAZZELBANDE because their own bassman has no time on the next weekend. The new bassman plays bass since 25 years and he's a real professional!!!

Oh, by the way, working with midi-files or wave-files isn't possible at the moment, because I need my PC for working in my studio. It's my "tape recorder" and my POD controller!!! I really hate that PC world!!!
I'm not able to solve this problem before the next month because I have no money for that thing at the time...

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 08-19-2005).]

#85764 - 08/19/05 06:52 AM Re: Help, ED!
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
I don't think using Yahoo will be a problem for you. CHeck it out. Unless of coarse you are using a command line to browse or something of that sort. SZ does seem safe. Once in a while when loging onto SZ (using PC of coarse, Macs are no problem) I'd get a few adds in the way and some weird shit like that "about blank" bugger. Since I'm no longer using PCs and probably never will again spyware, cookies and viruses are not my problem.

I'll probably post my reply to your loooong letter about a bad gig later. I did send it to you couple of days ago but I guess that's when your PC crashed.

My daughter just came back from visiting her grandmother in Ukraine so now we have two kids bugging us. If one is okay another cries or wants something that takes up waaaay too much time. She came back with some kind of a cold so now I've pretty much isolated myself in the basement drinking hot milk and eating candy to keep my throat from hurting. Kids can be a problem in that respect. Whatever colds we have already experienced and gone immune to hit us again when our kids pick them up.

Despite the cold I am putting my studio together. Just picked up extra hooks for my guitar wall and will be installing it all today. I also need a power transformer installation because my studio needs it's own clean powerline. Don't want to hear any buzzing when someone is using a TV upstairs.

So I have lots on my hands. Today among many things my speakers wil be getting installed too. Finally I have enough space for a 3D surround setup. Sounds good enough in my TV room upstairs but wil definitely sound better using professional speakers. Will see how it turnes out. I'm using my favorite Tannoy 600 speakers and while they sound great in pairs I'm yet to explore what one would get with four of them.

Okay, will read ya later.

-ED-

#85765 - 08/19/05 01:09 PM Re: Help, ED!
Sheriff Offline

YEEEEEEAAAH!!!
Problem solved!!! The PC's processor fan was totally covered by magnetised dust. So, the processor overheated. The internal thermo fuse of the Athlon saved the CPU...
Okay, your email has arrived my messenger (+2 newsletters and over 60 spams).
Cool news, ED! I'll write you back later...

This is my last post via my Risc PC. Thanks Nigel, my old !Browse (by Acorn) could use the SynthZone. Keep up the good work!!!

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 08-19-2005).]

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online