SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#85372 - 05/09/07 12:35 PM I Feel GOOD...!
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I just opened a delightful letter from a young novice Monk Taike connected me with. His name is Novice Bounlath. He lives and studies in Laos.

He sent me photos and a little about himself. He's back in school and, I think, about the equivalent of a college freshman.

I am honored to pay for his education. It only costs $150.00 per year plus a little for incidentals for the equvalent of a first rate education in the United States.

Taike, I'd like to respond but I can't make out the zip on the return address. It's either Lao. PDR 6656006 or 6656226. Could you please find out for me? And, tell my new friend it's an honor to know him.

It's amaising how much difference the cost of a new guitar case can make in some parts of the world!

It's great to be associated with such an outstanding young person. He's proof that there's hope for a bright future around the world.

Thanks, again, Taike

Russ

#85373 - 05/09/07 05:44 PM Re: I Feel GOOD...!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Russ... you are ABSOLUTELY a FIRST CLASS ACT, and a great example for us all ....
God Bless you, brother ...
t.

#85374 - 05/09/07 06:36 PM Re: I Feel GOOD...!
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Hi Russ,

Good to have you back in full form again. You do sound like the worst's over.

Many thanks to you, my friend, for making a young man's dream come true. Most courses at public colleges here are $100 to $200 a year.

Monk Kho, a monk I sponsor, will graduate this year. Monk Sivilay still has one more year to go.

Russ, I'll have it taken care of, don't worry, as I'll be leaving for the temple shortly since I've to deliver some books which I'd previously promised to some monks and novices.

Be in touch with you ASAP, Russ. Thanks again for your generosity and kindness.

Taike

#85375 - 05/10/07 12:40 AM Re: I Feel GOOD...!
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Russ, you've got mail.

Taike

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online