SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#84689 - 09/12/05 09:01 PM US Open Tennis
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Anybody else get caught up in the US Tournament the last few weeks? Some really great matches. My favorite being the quarter-final between Agassi and Blake. After being down 2 sets - zero, Agassi comes back to win in 5 sets. Makes me wish I was many years younger to take up the game.

Glenn

#84690 - 09/12/05 09:12 PM Re: US Open Tennis
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
I watched some of the matches and agree they were great. Federer deserved the trophy, but I was pulling for Agassi.

BTW Glenn...I sent you an email a couple of weeks ago and suspect it didn't get through.
Eddie

#84691 - 09/12/05 11:37 PM Re: US Open Tennis
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Yes I watched Federer play Lleyton Hewitt and then Agassi. I was also rooting for Hewitt and Agassi against Federer. But Federer played fantastic games and really did deserve the trophy. He is an awesome tennis player and seems to be a nice guy as well which is a winning combination. It was great entertainment.

#84692 - 09/16/05 12:03 AM Re: US Open Tennis
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello!

Just joined this discussion group. I was especially proud of Jarkko Nieminen, who being more than on 50 th place on ATP list had a five-setter against Hewitt! But Jarkko needs still more experience in order to win tough matches. I hope he will do well on Stockholm Open. As a matter of fact Jarkko´s first big tournament was just Stockholm Open in 2001, I think. He came all the way up to the final and lost to Sjeng Schalken in five sets.

Well I hope Jarkko will do well also this
year in Stockholm. I'll go to watch the tournament. There will be great players like for example Agassi, Blake, Sanguinetti and Verdasco. I am really looking forward to going there.

------------------
Kari V.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online